Malaysian snipers

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiesa

Hi to all members,
I have been trying to get information of Malaysian snipers and their equiptments od links. Any ideas? Thanks.

Ding

whatever info that's not classified is quite easy to get. try looking in perajurit and tempur mags. they usually carry the articles. let me run thru my collx to check okay? i think renjer can answer this better;)

eddiesa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ding, looking forward your for your research to get a better understanding of the rifles and ammo and their marksmanship of Malaysian snipers. I do understand that they a quite capable when they participated in the ASEAN sniper championship held some years ago in Malaysia.
I believe probably they are part of the Malaysian teams that participate in Fullbore Shooting competition held in Manchester.

sevven

Army infantry units are equipped with Accuracy International L96A1 AWM. L96A2, Harris M96, Barrett M82A1 and M90 are all known to be in GGK inventory. PASKAL is also known to have H&K G3SG1, PSG-1 and ROBAR SR-60. PSG-1 is also the standard sniper rifle for PASKAU.

Last edited:

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
PSG-1 for PASKAL!! no sniper units in other branch of Malaysian Security Force can afford such an expensive rifle.

sevven

It could be MSG-90 instead, but I remember reading even PASKAU with PSG-1; and it is generally known that PASKAL is the better funded of our Special Forces units.

eddiesa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Accuracy International and Robar are known to be accurate. How do the Malaysian sniper units fare against other ASEAN units.

marxist_command

eddiesa said:
Accuracy International and Robar are known to be accurate. How do the Malaysian sniper units fare against other ASEAN units.
well, try Indonesian KOPASSUS then,:flame

Mod edit: Watch the one liners mate. They contribute nothing to the discussion and confuse and sometimes annoy others. I assume you read the rules when you joined??? Cheers. AD.

Last edited by a moderator:

hydraulic

Hi Ding and Sevven,
I think it would be best that u can post or attach some of Malaysian sniper photos here.it will be interesting. (since im not capable to do that)

renjer

sevven said:
... and it is generally known that PASKAL is the better funded of our Special Forces units.
I just wanted to share that one reason for this is the specific funding from the oil companies who wanted to safeguard their oil rigs from hijackings and piracy from way back in the 80s.

renjer

marxist_command said:
well, try Indonesian KOPASSUS then,:flame
It would be more helpful if you posted some comparative information. Posts like yours is the reason we left other forums for Defencetalk.

Mod edit: He's been warned and is being watched. Cheers. AD.

nopeace4me

Hi to all member,
Im just a normal guy who are not involve in any military forces.
Im really interested with sniping tools since I was young, and I really want to become one of malaysian sniper. Any idea how can I become malaysian sniper? If anyone can help me just email to me to [Mod edit: Email address deleted. If you are really here to discuss defence matters, you would not need member email addresses.]

Thank you so much guys =D

[Mod edit: Thread closed for violation of Rule 4 and 6. Further, the email address provided by necro-thread poster deleted, as it is a clear attempt to harvest member information.

4. Do not use these forums for any commercial purpose - no solicitation of funds, no advertising, and no solicitation for goods or services.
6. Do not post irrelevant topics/replies. The DefenceTalk.com, its moderators, and members of this community reserve the right to delete posts we determine are irrelevant to the discussion in which they're posted.]

Status
Not open for further replies.