Honduras & Contra War

gavygav

Did anyone out there serve in Honduras during the Contra War. I did, and want to connect with others who did.

I was at Palmerola Air Base in Spring 1984 and at a radar facility near Tegucigalpa in Fall 1984.

The Army recently denied my request to issue us a Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal. I was shot at on several occasions, was anybody else? I believe that we were put in Imminent Danger situations and that the U.S. government should consider designating Honduras a Imminent Danger area and if you were subjected to hostile fire than we should be given recognition for that, does anyone else?

U.S. troops who served in El Salvador, where 21 U.S. troops were killed, were awarded Armed Forces Expeditionary Medals in 1996 by President Clinton. Honduras, where 60 U.S. troops were killed has not.

Lets talk about this.

Please read the forum rules, paying particular attention to rule #20, "Do not use forums for lobby purposes," or linking to outside sites for that reason. This and the repeated threads on the same topic are why posts were not approved and subsequently deleted. If the behavior continues, further action will be taken.
-Preceptor

Last edited by a moderator:

Doug

Served in theater 1988. This seems hopeless. 30th anniversary has come and gone and no hope in sight. Love ya, brother. Feel your pain.