Bosnian Armija (For Jastreb)

nsdap_id

Salaam, Jastreb

I need to know current OOB of Bosnian Army from 1992 - present day. I also heard about a foreign unit called "Odred el-Mujahideen".

Thanks

WASSALAM

nsdap_id

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alright, I got this 1...:)

http://ispec.specwarnet.net/bosnia/elmujahed.html

KATEEBAT al-MUJAHIDEEN

3. KORPUS - ORDRED EL-MUDZAHEDIN
3rd Corps - "El-Mujahedin" Unit

This unit was an official battalion-sized force of the Bosnian Army, and was composed of non-Bosnian volunteers, in addition to Bosnian fighters. The commander at one time was identified as Ameer Kateebat al-Mujahedin Abu al-Ma'ali, an Egyptian "Afghan". This title was given to those mujahedin fighters which had undergone training in camps in Afghanistan. Thus, volunteers from Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Chechnya, Yemen, Egypt, Turkey, Jordan and other countries could all be classified as "Afghans" if they were trained in camps in Afghanistan.

The unit was apparently based in the Travnik and Zenica areas of central Bosnia, and was said to consist of around 600 Bosnian fighters, with 200 foreign volunteers. In order to be admitted to the unit, every Bosnian had to go through a Shariat course. According to Croatian sources, "Mujahedin" training camps were run at Travnik and Bugojno. Croatians implicate the "el-Mujahedin" in numerous war crimes against Croatian soldiers and civilians, and according to these sources, their favoured method of killing was by beheading. Similar stories come from soldiers of the Serb Republic army in Bosnia.

It is not clear whether there is any standard uniform used by the unit. Similarly, precise details on weaponry is not known, but it can be assumed that AK-47s are the most common weapons. Furthermore, captured equipment is also put to use in the unit.

Current status of Odred el-Mudzahedin is not known. If anyone has any information, or if any information is incorrect, please e-mail me.