blackhawk x26 serpa holsters

jaffo4011

anyone have any experience of the blackhawk serpa system holsters?

im looking at buying one for my service weapon but would appreciate anyones experiences of them esp the x26 taser version......

jaffo4011

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
anyone have any experience of the blackhawk serpa system holsters?

im looking at buying one for my service weapon but would appreciate anyones experiences of them esp the x26 taser version......
well....i bought one anyway.

looks to be excellent quality and much slicker than the standard holster but still with level 2 retention.....ill see how i get on and post a review in time,esp with the level of intense interest my original post didnt provoke.

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
well....i bought one anyway.

looks to be excellent quality and much slicker than the standard holster but still with level 2 retention.....ill see how i get on and post a review in time,esp with the level of intense interest my original post didnt provoke.
You might be better off trying Kit Up! or one of those similar blogs if you want answers to questions related to specific pieces of gear rather than just general military discussion. Certainly there's a lot of discussion in their comments section about all manner of bits and pieces, including holsters. Hope that's helpful. :)

jaffo4011

You might be better off trying Kit Up! or one of those similar blogs if you want answers to questions related to specific pieces of gear rather than just general military discussion. Certainly there's a lot of discussion in their comments section about all manner of bits and pieces, including holsters. Hope that's helpful. :)
cheers bonza,id not heard of that site...on my way over there now!

sgtgunn

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
I've used a Blackhawk Serpa holster in Iraq - both on a drop leg rig and on my body armor (chest) and had no complaints. Durable, good retention, easy to draw. I've heard of complaints about the risk of debris getting jammed under the retention button preventing it from being depressed but never experienced that issue myself, nor did (to the best of my knowledge) anyone else in my unit who were also using the Serpa (which expect for one guy with a Safariland holster was just about everyone).

Adrian

jaffo4011

I've used a Blackhawk Serpa holster in Iraq - both on a drop leg rig and on my body armor (chest) and had no complaints. Durable, good retention, easy to draw. I've heard of complaints about the risk of debris getting jammed under the retention button preventing it from being depressed but never experienced that issue myself, nor did (to the best of my knowledge) anyone else in my unit who were also using the Serpa (which expect for one guy with a Safariland holster was just about everyone).

Adrian
thanks for that,good to hear from someone who used it in the field and didnt find it wanting...

ive had mine a couple of weeks now and am impressed...it allows an easy cross draw without having to brace it with my weak hand.....it seems to be a very robust piece of kit too,much better than my old holster.

i think its now standard issue to the us marines?

sgtgunn

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
thanks for that,good to hear from someone who used it in the field and didnt find it wanting...

ive had mine a couple of weeks now and am impressed...it allows an easy cross draw without having to brace it with my weak hand.....it seems to be a very robust piece of kit too,much better than my old holster.

i think its now standard issue to the us marines?
Not sure - if the USMC does it the way the Army does, it may be up to individual units to select and purchase.

When a unit gets ready to deploy, they typically get discrentionary money to buy things to support the deployment - things like holsters, tatcial flashlights, knives, multi-tools, etc. That's how I got my holster (the "issued" holsters were utter junk).

Adrian

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
I to also use this type of holster: like the fast draw that it offers. @Jaffo4011, please practice quick draws with it though due to some individuals caught in high stress situations accidently shooting themselves in the leg or foot due to trigger finger placement during the draw sequence.

jaffo4011

wise words there...i like the way the release mechanism places your finger clear of the trigger when drawing but have spent some time practising and will continue to do so to ensure its not an issue....

the holster has drawn a lot of favourable comments from colleagues esp when its compared to the awkward and clunky standard issue item........:p:

PCShogun

wise words there...i like the way the release mechanism places your finger clear of the trigger when drawing but have spent some time practising and will continue to do so to ensure its not an issue....

the holster has drawn a lot of favourable comments from colleagues esp when its compared to the awkward and clunky standard issue item........:p:
OK, That is the comment I wanted to hear about. As a civilian, that is my pet peeve on concealed carry holsters with a release button; they almost force your trigger finger into the trigger guard on the draw.