• Pakistan's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • India's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dabrownguy

Ok the contestents are Afganistan,Iraq,India,Pakistan,SriLanka,Banladesh and Nepal. kkkk. Lets just take out Afganistan, Sri Lanka and Nepal ok. MOG what was I thinking?
So now we have Pakistan, India, Banladesh so you rate the best army in terms of size, strike ability, training, equipment and guns.

Indus

[Admin Edit: The topic is Best ARMY in South Asia. DO NOT get into my dick is bigger than your dick contests here. These types of replies create flames and if you been visiting us long enough you know how much we hate flamers! Look at my signature, it will help you last longer on this forum.]

Important Info:
DefenceTalk.com-Forum Rules :: Announcements

The Watcher

Best army in these categories:

-Best Fed [Pakistan]
-Best Clothed [both]
-Best housed [pakistan] (last time i read something on Indian forces it said they live in slums!)
-Best Equipment [Pakistan, less in numbers but very well maintained]
-Best Trained [American training, pakistan]
-Best in Combat [1949, 65, 71, 99, pakistan]
-Best in Bravery [Pakistan and sikh regiments in Indian army] :D

Majin-Vegeta

Banned Member
umm..this may sound retarded...but is it true that Pakistan can make titanium cloth?? and their soldiers wear those?? :S i dunno..just thought..maybe..

SHAKTI

The Watcher: "Best in Combat [1949, 65, 71, 99, pakistan]"

Are you joking.?? WHy do you think India controls the bulk of Kashmir 60%, and Pak only 25% (the rest China). Pak was decisively defeated in 1971: thats why there is a country named Bangladesh. India helped Bangladesh receive its independence from pakistan. The 1999 Kargil War, PM Nawaz Sharif had to order retreat b/c Pak was being overwhelmed by Indian counter-attack after its incursion accross LoC. Dont sit there and proclaim things that are absolutely and factually false. I will give you that pak's army is probably better fed and housed, but again its a lot more difficult to maintain an Indian Army that is 1-million strong. The fact is pakistan has never won a war against India. The first two (1945 and '65) were obvious stalemates. THereafter pak has been beaten.

ullu

During Kargil, Pak pulled out because of US pressure otherwise Kashmiri Freedom Fighters had the upper hand...

Considering the 3000 body bags scandle, it was india who was overwhelmed by few hundred militants. :lol

vathsan

The best army in south asia is TAMIL TIGERS. Well trained, highly motivated, fight on to death. LTTE's abilities,

far smaller than any of the conventional armies(some may argue they're not army), i would say the are army because they have proven themselves in conventional combat(land warfare).

Courageous, no dessertions(very low), led by motivated commanders, very effective against a larger army.

Hey who said ltte's a terrorism, it was asked best army so who care's as long as the ability to kill efficiently is there. An armies purpose is not to baby sit, purpose of a well trained army is to annihiliate it's opponent with little cost. That's how u figure out which is the best army.

ullu

I don't think terrorism is best form of strategy. besides suicide bombings does not require "well training."

They have carried out more suicide terrorist attacks against Sri Lankans than Hamas, islamic jihad and al-aqsa COMBINED against israelis!!! Both parties are dead wrong and should come to their senses.

Majin-Vegeta

Banned Member
[Admin Edit: NO blind nationalistic nonsense. Debate and prove your point on basis of facts and make your points clear about WHY you think that backed by historical and current facts.

If you can't, try to following "the watchers" model:

-Best Fed
-Best Clothed
-Best housed
-Best Equipment
-Best Trained
-Best in Combat
-Best in Bravery

dabrownguy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I cant post pics!
But anyways I found a pretty good picture gallery of Indian Army:

Admin: This thread doesn't have anything to do with PICTURES. NO one is questioning that you post pictures. Discuss this topic with facts and figures. And if you want to post pictures, do that in image forum and don't post links to external FORUMS! If you have many pictures from another thread in another forum, just click "quote" on that post and then COPY the tags and then post in the image forum if you will.
Please check your PM and reply.

Thank You!!! Enjoy!!!!!

dabrownguy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As my argument. My support is that India has a better army in terms of equipment, training, numbers and weapons.
Pakistan did have qualitative eadge over Inida 5-10 years ago but thanks to Isreal and Russia, India has the qualtative edge. Here are the things to consider. The Indian army is armed with INSAS family rifles and LMG. http://delivery.gettyimages.com/com...=1&dareq=6FC26B94D0397D9691403B9D6205A37C
They are soon to acquire Isreal Torvak or something like that. Indian military is equiped with a wide variety of manpads from Russia and Isreal and some made in India. Some solidiers still use AK-47 rifles, that is because is has a lot more goods you can hook up. ie gernade launher. The Indian solideir is a lot more mobile than the Pakistani counterpart. There are a lot of vechiles in the Indian army for quick reaction. Any one know which company manufactures Indian military jeeps? is it TATA or Maruthi? And I don't understand the argument of which army is better fed? http://delivery.gettyimages.com/com...=1&dareq=DAE6D7D8776A767DD61FB6DACCCA88C3
As for hows training is better I would have to say both are the same. Indian army isn't a militia. Indian army have a lot more elite units that can operate behind enemy lines now.
ARMY

1)Para -Commando-(six battalions)..air , water and land operations

2)Ikwanns-local kashmiri SF unit,tasked to pentrate terrorist groups and obtain information

3)Special frontier force- strength around 10,000,mainly made up of tibetians although in recent times there have been men drawn from other units for this force, tasked with conducting intelligence and armed raids inside chinese territory.

4)SSB(special service bureau)very little is known about this unit other than it is mainly an intelligence force with a commando force of 3 battalions.

5)SG I ,II & III-being raised in Israel .Will operate along the lines of US delta Force . News reports earlier this year Mentioned SG III ( special group 3) operating in Kashmir but the Army is being extremely tight lipped about it.

6)Ghatak platoons-Every Infantry Battalion has 2-3 Ghatak Plattons which are SF uints for Recon/scout duties and for directing in artelliry

7)Romeo , Victor, Delta force-SOF units of RR which is primarily a paramillitary Org. but the SOF personal are drawn from the Army. COIN operations.

8)Ladhaak scouts-LRRP , Recon Unit used in High Altitude Warfare . Also known as the ' head Hunters' . While not strictly a SF unit . It is Special Operations Capable

NAVY

1)MARCOS-marine commando force, raised from officers who got training with the navy seals and the sas, unit strength around 2500?,divided into three groups with all land, sea and air capability and one group concentrating on CT.

2)UDT/combat divers- strength rightly around 100-150? unit is responsible for underwater warfare, mine laying, demolition etc. members drawn from marcos.

AIRFORCE

1)Alpha Unit-modeled along the lines of the u.s para rescue.Specializes in SAR operations ( behind eny lines during wartime) . This unit was raised about 2 years ago. Apart from a few news articles and press realeases from MOD no more Info on it... (same name as special forces unit of russian spetnaz)

2)Garuda-Unit will be raised soon . Will Act as combat controllers for Bombing missions and act as anti-insurgency force to protect vital airforce Installations, raised supposedly by israel

3)Special Aviation Squad-Unit yet to be raised. But will be the Dedicated Air Arm of the special Forces under its Unified Command. Along the Lines of the 160th Night Stalkers of the Us Army

NOTE-recently certain reports indicate that a unit will be raised from excisting sf dedicated to nuclear situations, they could be trained to take out nuclear facilities in enemy countries also to dismantle and de activate nuclear weapons from sizes ranging from that of a suitcase, a unit has been sent to the u.s for training, although the mod is very tight lipped.

My conculsion is India is better equiped and trianed.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Admin Comment

SU-27, I realise you are proud of your country, but it would pay to always substantiate some of your claims. There are some glaring errors in some of your comments.

I don't want to go back and hilight them all in a response as that will start to look to you that I am being personal. I am not. I would criticise any one of the other posters if they also made some broad claims which were "enthusiastic". (as an example plse reconsider the statement about Indian sub capability and the issue of re-engineering compared to pakistani subs)

Can you please try and modify you enthusiasm to "make a point" by keeping things as accurate and verifiable with as many supporting links and sources as possible.

This is not a "shot" at you but a genuine attempt to have this kind of debate accurate and balanced as much as we can.

regards. gf

Soldier

dabrownguy: Any one know which company manufactures Indian military jeeps? is it TATA or Maruthi?

Indian Army uses three most common variation of Jeeps/SUV's as far as I know or have seen.
Jeep: Manufactured by Mahindra Auto
Jonga: Again manufactured by Mahindra
Maruti Gypsie: As name implies, it is manufactured by Maruti-Suzuki.

There are some special All Terrain vehicles too in the army but most likely they are being used in tough terrain conditions thus I could see them only on Himalayas. Most likely they are either imported or manufactured with some collaboration in India and are available only to Armed Forces.

Here is the link to see some of the products used by Indian Armed forces and exports too.
http://www.mahindraworld.com/mahindras/mahindrdefencesystem/products.htm

Majin-Vegeta

Banned Member
dude, go ahead and yap all you want, thing is..America/China or someone has to keep Pakistan and India EQUAL at power else there could be another war, both are untrustworthy when it comes to wars, therefore..this is how it is and this is how its equal to both sides..it doesnt matter wat quantity you have..

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Soldier said:
dabrownguy: Any one know which company manufactures Indian military jeeps? is it TATA or Maruthi?

Indian Army uses three most common variation of Jeeps/SUV's as far as I know or have seen.
Jeep: Manufactured by Mahindra Auto
Jonga: Again manufactured by Mahindra
Maruti Gypsie: As name implies, it is manufactured by Maruti-Suzuki.

There are some special All Terrain vehicles too in the army but most likely they are being used in tough terrain conditions thus I could see them only on Himalayas. Most likely they are either imported or manufactured with some collaboration in India and are available only to Armed Forces.

Here is the link to see some of the products used by Indian Armed forces and exports too.
http://www.mahindraworld.com/mahindras/mahindrdefencesystem/products.htm
I drove a Mahindra in Pune some 9 months ago - it seemed to be like either a Toyota or a Mitsubishi - it was designed like a Pajero.

I drove another model which was supposed to be a Tata and was similar to a "squarish" looking toyota.

I think I also drove in a Sandro. It was pretty ordinary to travel in though - not a very good 4wd.

Does anyone from India know what it was?

Status
Not open for further replies.