Any US Marines here?

Blightsmite

I'm on another forum and theres a guy claiming alot of stuff. I am not nor have I ever been a Marine but I think this guy maybeblowing smoke.

I would never never call out someone who may be real because of their awesome service to my beloved country BUT; I think that a fake that makes claims may hurt the integrity of those who really put their lives on the line.

Anyway, here are a couple of things he has said:

I am a Captain (0-3 rank) soon to be Major (I hope) in the 2nd Marine Division, 1st Marine Expeditionary Force. Been in the Marines since 2000. I jump around in divisions alot though, I have served with a few Army divisions and stuff... can't talk much about it because it would be a big no no with my superiors. (I am Force Recon, Special Forces... whenever I get tired of Force Recon I think I'll transfer over to Rangers (army) or Navy SEALS. havn't decided yet)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got shot in the leg 2 times with 7.62 one in the thigh, hit the bone and glanced off, the other below my knee. didn't even know I had been shot at first, found out about 30 minutes after the fight when I was getting in a helicopter. got the bullet in my shin pulled out, they sewed me up and I was back in action. wasn't serious or anything but it was pretty painful. I saw a guy that took a sniper round to the gut pass out while we were trying to get the bullet out and stop the blood flow. now that would hurt. i aint in no hurry to test that out. (he lived btw., I talked to him just a few days ago, he is now out of the marines, and working at an engineering company)

haha real B52 crewman are the shit. I talked to them on the radio sometimes, those fuckers are crazy. hahah. dropping 500 lb bombs on caves.. FIRE! FIREING! BOOOM! WE OWNED THOSE FUCKERS! haha.
But then corrected himself by saying:

OH, excuse me... I'm thinking about the wrong plane. I meant AC-130 gunships. I don't actually think I've ever seen a B52 in action. but they fly like 50,000 feet so maybe I have and just didnt know it lol.
EDIT:I forgot to add this; the guy's signature (automatically attached to the bottom of all his posts):

Saepius Exertus,Semper Fidelis,Frater Infinitas
Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever
Do or Die.OOHRAH.USMC
Served:2 tours Afghanistan, 3 tours Iraq

Can anyone with experience shed some light on this?

Last edited:

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
I'm on another forum and theres a guy claiming alot of stuff. I am not nor have I ever been a Marine but I think this guy maybeblowing smoke.

I would never never call out someone who may be real because of their awesome service to my beloved country BUT; I think that a fake that makes claims may hurt the integrity of those who really put their lives on the line.

Anyway, here are a couple of things he has said:

But then corrected himself by saying:

Hmm - a U.S Marine that is Force Recon and U.S Special Forces (U.S Army), plus he got shot a couple of times and in a few days he`s good as new.
Quite comical.

heyjoe

(I am Force Recon, Special Forces... whenever I get tired of Force Recon I think I'll transfer over to Rangers (army) or Navy SEALS. havn't decided yet)

Nobody transfers into SEALS, period. BUD/S is only entry point for officer and enlisted. USMC now has a Special Operations component (MARSOC), but SF is Army Special Operations (so-called Green Berets). He sounds very unfamiliar with terms and anyone who is a senior 0-3 in Force Recon would know exactly what to say. The rest of posts are too giddy and use unfamiliar terms. You could read any number of books and sound more plausible than this guy. Sounds like a poser to me. Might check him on any of the Wall of Shame websites; there are a lot of them out there.HJ

USMC 74-79
USN 79-94

Last edited:

Manfred

Sounds like a total blowhard. Ask him what the 13th General order is for sentries.

(there is none, officialy, they only go up to 11. However, as real marines know, this is an inside joke; "to walk my post from flank to flank and take no sh*t from any rank")

Very few people change branches of service. I did, but that turned out to be a mistake.

Blightsmite

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I forgot to add this; the guy's signature (automatically attached to the bottom of all his posts):

Saepius Exertus,Semper Fidelis,Frater Infinitas
Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever
Do or Die.OOHRAH.USMC
Served:2 tours Afghanistan, 3 tours Iraq

Ozzy Blizzard

He got hit by a 7.62mm round that "knicked the bone" and they had to pull the bullet out? Unless it was a ricochet it would have blown a good deal of his leg off. And he got hit again in the same leg with a 7.62mm below the knee and he was "back in action" after they stitched him up? I doubt he would ever walk the same again, if indeed he could work, those wounds would have done massive soft tissue damamge. He sounds like an exited little kid.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
He got hit by a 7.62mm round that "knicked the bone" and they had to pull the bullet out? Unless it was a ricochet it would have blown a good deal of his leg off. And he got hit again in the same leg with a 7.62mm below the knee and he was "back in action" after they stitched him up? I doubt he would ever walk the same again, if indeed he could work, those wounds would have done massive soft tissue damamge. He sounds like an exited little kid.
Oh - you forgot to add that it took 30 minutes for him to realize that he was shot, such a tuffy.

old faithful

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Kicked my shin on the coffee table this morning....didnt have to wait 30min for the pain!:shudder ...but then again im not a force recon Marine....and i suspect,neither is the person in question...

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Mate, he is coming across as a first class tosser.

We get a few in here every now and then claiming to be ex specwarries - it doesn't take long to catch them out.

The more war stories he tells, the less likely he is to be ex specwarrie.

keyersoze

Mate, he is coming across as a first class tosser.

We get a few in here every now and then claiming to be ex specwarries - it doesn't take long to catch them out.

The more war stories he tells, the less likely he is to be ex specwarrie.
I concur! I have met a few and whilst they do have some funny stories, I have so far learned exactly bugger all about what they actually do.