2720 new tactical vehicles to Turkish Army

s3kiz

The Turkish Undersecretariat for Defence Industries had released RfP at the start of the year to the following companies:

-Mercedes-Benz
-MAN Trucks
-Otokar
-BMC
-Nurol
-FNSS
-Pi Makina
-Hema

For the procurement of 2720 wheeled tactical vehicles for the Turkish Army, namely:

-413 Command & Control 1 ton
-448 Troop & Cargo Carrier 1 ton
-706 Troop & Cargo Carrier 2.5 ton
-282 Cargo Carrier 5 ton
-403 Cargo Carrier 10 ton
-468 MRPC

Too bad the Bushmaster IMV and the Oshkosh arent in this, anyway whats the latest on this, anyone know?

Cheers.

s3kiz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
@jedigman:

So FNSS won the tender? or you saying in case it does, that we might see GPV's?

Cheers.

s3kiz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks jedigman & Atilla.

When I find the time, i'll try to categorize each of the models the companies listed above will probably be submitting for the tender.

In the mean time pls drop any news you may hear about this tender to this thread, ty.

Cheers.

lobbie111

Atilla [TR];137216 said:
I have seen this looks cool and the specs are amazing as well.
I too have seen the specs for this beast, the only problem is look at the ground clearance, I would say that thing would be awkward to drive over steep gradients due to length and would be a bit of a bullet magnet, however, it is not a bad concept.

Stimpy75

I too have seen the specs for this beast, the only problem is look at the ground clearance, I would say that thing would be awkward to drive over steep gradients due to length and would be a bit of a bullet magnet, however, it is not a bad concept.
well it can can change its ground clearence thx to its hydropneumatic system,so groundclearence is not the problem here.for more details

http://www.fnss.com.tr/

lobbie111

well it can can change its ground clearence thx to its hydropneumatic system,so groundclearence is not the problem here.for more details

http://www.fnss.com.tr/
That solves that problem but mainly my concern is with its length going up and down steep hills etc. (mainly the top of hills) I'm quite sure it is capable of such terrain but it just looks very awkward in those situations.

jedigman

That solves that problem but mainly my concern is with its length going up and down steep hills etc. (mainly the top of hills) I'm quite sure it is capable of such terrain but it just looks very awkward in those situations.
I've found some pictures of it in trials. In Malaysia i think..

Looks pretty agile to me..