Go Back   DefenceTalk Forum - Military & Defense Forums > DefenceTalk Management > Announcements

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces






Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence


We Need Matued & Qualified Mods, Not egoiestic

This is a discussion on We Need Matued & Qualified Mods, Not egoiestic within the Announcements forum, part of the DefenceTalk Management category; I think some of the Mods behaving like Gods while making their own decision to satisfy their ego. I think ...


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old December 15th, 2007   #1
New Member
Private
No Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 47
Threads:
We Need Matued & Qualified Mods, Not egoiestic

I think some of the Mods behaving like Gods while making their own decision to satisfy their ego.

I think we need more qualified and Mature Mods.

I think we should also conduct one Poll to Choose Mods
SU 30MKI is offline  
Old December 15th, 2007   #2
New Member
Private
No Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 47
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU 30MKI View Post
I think some of the Mods behaving like Gods while making their own decision to satisfy their ego.

I think we need more qualified and Mature Mods.

I think we should also conduct one Poll to Choose Mods
One Gross Violation or biased action i can point out easily ............

1) " while "********" word is allowed easily and "****" word invite a ban or warning, why is it so?

2) why dose all indian post are banned? because some Mod;s ego is hurt or what? what action can be taken against Mod's?
SU 30MKI is offline  
Old December 15th, 2007   #3
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
eaf-f16's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Egypt
Posts: 533
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU 30MKI View Post
I think some of the Mods behaving like Gods while making their own decision to satisfy their ego.

I think we need more qualified and Mature Mods.

I think we should also conduct one Poll to Choose Mods
Most of the mods are fine.

But there are few who post comments that make me wonder how they became mods in the first place.
eaf-f16 is offline  
Old December 15th, 2007   #4
Defense Professional / Analyst
General
eckherl's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,249
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU 30MKI View Post
One Gross Violation or biased action i can point out easily ............

1) " while "********" word is allowed easily and "****" word invite a ban or warning, why is it so?

2) why dose all indian post are banned? because some Mod;s ego is hurt or what? what action can be taken against Mod's?
Maybe you personally have a issue with some of the mods here, I would think that if this is the case then you could PM that person/persons and resolve your issues. One of the reasons that I enjoy this site is due to the fact they do conduct a good job weeding out the trash and prevent flaming wars between fellow forum members which are quite common on some of the other sites, this type of behavior only degrades the topics that are being discussed.
eckherl is offline  
Old December 15th, 2007   #5
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
eaf-f16's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Egypt
Posts: 533
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU 30MKI View Post
One Gross Violation or biased action i can point out easily ............

1) " while "********" word is allowed easily and "****" word invite a ban or warning, why is it so?

2) why dose all indian post are banned? because some Mod;s ego is hurt or what? what action can be taken against Mod's?
You aren't typing coherent and clear sentences which leads me to believe you were banned for a good reason.
eaf-f16 is offline  
Old December 15th, 2007   #6
Defense Professional / Analyst
General
eckherl's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,249
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf-f16 View Post
You aren't typing coherent and clear sentences which leads me to believe you were banned for a good reason.
You nailed it right on the head so to speak.
eckherl is offline  
Old December 15th, 2007   #7
Ship Watcher
Brigadier General
Tasman's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 1,990
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU 30MKI View Post

1) " while "********" word is allowed easily and "****" word invite a ban or warning, why is it so?
What are you talking about? If you are just saying that some words are OK and some are not that seems quite reasonable to me. If there is a reason you find a particular word offensive I suggest that you PM the Mod concerned or Webs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SU 30MKI View Post

2) why dose all indian post are banned? because some Mod;s ego is hurt or what? what action can be taken against Mod's?
How can you say that 'all indian posts" are banned? There are thousands of Indian posts in this forum. Only when flaming or insults are evident have I seen them banned and that appears to me to apply equally to all nationalities.

Tas
________________
Learn from the past. Prepare for the future
Tasman is offline  
Old December 15th, 2007   #8
Entertainer
General
Grand Danois's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CPH
Posts: 3,297
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU 30MKI View Post
I think some of the Mods behaving like Gods while making their own decision to satisfy their ego.

I think we need more qualified and Mature Mods.

I think we should also conduct one Poll to Choose Mods
I'm not going to comment on the current issue per se - that's for webs & the mods to discuss and sort out - and that won't happen in public.

You'll have to wait until the disturbance in the Force settles down.

The suggestion of a poll as a model I will comment upon.

Currently we have a model where the editorial line is laid down by webs in the rules. The mods then have to manage and apply these to the boards of this forum in order for the forums to function. The mods cover just about every time zone, have diverse nationalities, and have differences in their outlook.

There will always be some who disagree with either the general line or how individual cases are handled, just as handling vary depending on the case and mod. It is unrealistic to demand total and persistent consistency. Controversial cases are being discussed to find out how things are handled to the best benefit of the posters and the forum.

A poll model will end up creating an "all-Indian" or an "all-Pakistani" or "all-whatever" mod group - i.e. it will reflect the posters and not he editorial line laid down by webs. And it is the prerogative of webs to define the editorial line, just as he chooses the mods.

As a poster, not mod, I see the poll model as the road to perdition.
________________
"Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you keep it a secret! Why didn't you tell the world, eh?"

Last edited by Grand Danois; December 15th, 2007 at 11:14 PM. Reason: sp
Grand Danois is offline  
Old December 15th, 2007   #9
jints
Lieutenant
radiosilence's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 615
Threads:
The mods do a fine job here unlike in other places. Conducting a poll to choose Mods is a bad idea for obvious reasons. The current setup is working fine.
radiosilence is offline  
Old December 15th, 2007   #10
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
funtz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chamoli
Posts: 634
Threads:
Well no one is under any specific orders to post on this forum, that is the great thing about internet, you have choice, and plenty of it.
funtz is offline  
Old December 15th, 2007   #11
Aussie Digger
Guest
No Avatar
Posts: n/a
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU 30MKI View Post
I think some of the Mods behaving like Gods while making their own decision to satisfy their ego.

I think we need more qualified and Mature Mods.

I think we should also conduct one Poll to Choose Mods
And I think we need people who are prepared to discuss these topics in a reasonable and tolerant manner.

By adding a valuable contribution instead of pointless one liners, who can argue a topic without insulting other members or making racist comments and who can abide by VERY simple rules.

Seemingly you can't. Perhaps then you should spend your time where you can do all the things you obviously want to do...
 
Old December 16th, 2007   #12
Troll Hunter
General
WebMaster's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: GA, USA
Posts: 18,238
Threads:
Exclamation

What is it with some of the Indians and taking stabs on mods?

Here is what you are required and need to do (do this and no body will bother you, like 99% of the DT members):

- READ the rules
- Respect the rules
- Understand the Rules
- Follow the rules
- Respect the rules
- Follow the rules
- Respect the people who keep this place clean (mods)
- Display quality and maturity in yourself before you demand in others
- Show that you know something about Defense field rather than get into the trollish arguments with other users/mods.

Generally, most of the south Asian members come from their respective "country" based forums where insults about the other and mine is bigger than yours is a common way to post.

At other forums mods wait for things to happen, here we monitor everything to make sure it doesn't get to the point where extreme action is needed and often we catch it ahead of the time. We are not interested in cat fights but high quality technical defense related discussions. CAN YOU GIVE US THAT? If you cannot, don't open threads like this to demand quality mods when you are not a quality poster.

I ask you to leave your prejudice, patriotism and blind nationalistic bullsh!t on those forums when you come on DefenceTalk.

With all due respect to the members: I (often the mod team) are the ones in charge of choosing who is going to be a mod on DefenceTalk forum... not the members. The members are given opportunity to discuss defense matters and should not have anything to do with how the administration of the forum works.
________________
SinoDefenceForum.com

Got a problem? Need help? Contact me!
WebMaster is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 AM.