Three Strikes - you're out!

Control flamers and those who do not follow DT rules by "three strikes, you're out" rule?

• I have other Ideas (reply to this thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Yes! It's badly needed!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
In order to control flamming and useless ass rubbing between Indians and Pakistanis someone out there suggested that we enforce the rules using "three strikes, you're out" formula.

First offense > warning
second offense > temp ban
third offense > Perm ban

That rule won't just apply to flammers or those who say something in order to create a fight in threads but those who violate other defence talk rules and regulations and we have to give them warnings multiple times...etc!!!

Poll is up vote and tell us what you think?

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
I strongly support this idea. All the flamming lately is making people think DT is just another scaled down version of PakDefence when we try to establish ourselves as a global site. Friendly discussions are always encourage here and flamming must be kept to minimum to ensure the quality of the site.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That rule won't just apply to flammers or those who say something in order to create a fight in threads but those who violate other defence talk rules and regulations and we have to give them warnings multiple times...etc!!!

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
It needs to be considered, some of the posters are just winding each other up and then using it as a basis to look innocent.

It's getting to a point where we are micro managing schoolyard behviour rather than being able to provide meaningful input at a tech or informational level.

srirangan

Banned Member
Who decides what's a flame or not? I've seen a nujmber of mod's here throwing flame baits against my country and several other. Let's be honest, 4 out of 5 mods here are Pakistani and as long as they set the example, this forum will always remain an anti-Indian forum, instead of becoming what it can.

adsH

anything spoken against you is Anti indian grow up people don't think alike!! so live with it Big baby DT is probably the least of all Anti_Any nation on the web.

Admin: and that kind of rhetoric does not help either. there are ways to get your point across without resorting to such tone! The last part of your response could be challenged somewhat - although it's a lot better than PakDef by a long shot ;)

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
this forum will always remain an anti-Indian forum, instead of becoming what it can.
Thats a very unfair and totally misinformed/misleading statement. You should take it back.

DT isn't anti anycountry let alone anti-indian. We do not have such agenda's where we prop up anti-nation sentiments. I don't know why you think like that but I have a news for you: You are wrong! If we had such agenda's indian's wouldn't be registering here let alone post on the forums. Go on many many forums on the net, see if anyone on those forums gives you as much respect and "freedom of speech" than DT. You will get very harsh treatment. Same goes for many Indian only forums - you can't post anything criticising india, forget the anti-nation stuff, criticism isn't allowed either!

People have made like 30,000+ posts and I can say I have read over 90% of them, same goes for Gary and other moderators. I not going to let some arrogant person attack DT team members just because we allow criticism of indian policies as much as we allow indian's to criticise policies of other nations. You cannot have it one way my friend, criticism is two way street. For example, where we allowed RAW thread to go on, on same token we allowed ISI thread to go on. Which one has more volumn and substance, you go read them and decide your self.

Instead of whinning and crying over "mods being unfair to you...." realize the reality and confront it. Reply back to the criticism that you avoid answering and replying to. Be bold and think positive. You want us to allow you to post all types of anti pakistani BS you can find and not allow anything that comes close to criticism of India or its policies. It won't work that way and I will make sure it doesn't.

DT's stand is that everyone is FREE to post anything they like as long as its in accordance with DefenceTalk.com Forum Rules. You can read the rules as they are written in simple english.

Lets move forward, think positive and get over our negative thinking that is keeping us from over coming our arrogance, hatred and unwillingingness to come at par with reality or even some harsh facts, tough criticism!

Who voted NO? :?:

virtual

I think all those who think that this forum is unfair should go and spend a few days at someother well known Pakistani and Indian forums and see how the people from other country are treated there. Even mods will abuse you and clearly tell you to run away.
If you dont trust me then try it yourself and then comeback and comment about this forum. :mad

srirangan

Banned Member
>> I think all those who think that this forum is unfair should go and
>> spend a few days at someother well known Pakistani and Indian
>> forums and see how the people from other country are treated there.

Trust me, I've been on tonnes of forums, moderated quite a few and even administered a couple. If you are trying to teach me how the game works, then you're wasting your time.

Web,

While I indeed don't doubt the intentions and purpose of this website, those views I just posted are not mine alone but they are shared by quite a few posters here. They might not wish to disclose their names, nor will I breach the trust and post any names here, but the fact remains they do share the same views.

You may not want it, but DT atm does resemble a Pakistani ant-Indian propaganda website.

And I've made it amply clear in the past, its not me scared of facing up to criticism. The general impression of this website is that of being anti-Indian. Sure some posters would have their own views, but the fact that some moderators even share the bias is what's disheartening.

This is the bare truth, if we all face up to it DT's image will improve ten folds. DT has great potential. Here's a list to things I'ld propose for DT to enhance its appeal. I'm in this website business for 6 years now, take these tips for what they're worth.

-> let their be moderators of multiple nationalities, currenlty gf is the only non-Pakistani mod. rest all are Pakistani's

-> let their be unbiased news editing, currently we just have selective news publishing, please don't deny this as it is a fact

-> and let the laws of moderating the forums be set and made public, and pressure must be on the new mods to implement them without bias

Trust me when I'm making this post, I'm not being me, but I've put myself in your shoes and am thinking as if I was the owner of DT. DT has great potential, I'll be sad to see it gone wasted, you've definitely put a lot of effort into this site. Now let's not let this fail.

srirangan

Banned Member
PS: I haven't voted as yet, but if the moderating panel is reformed so that multiple nationalities get represented, then I'll be the first to vote "yes" here.

mysterious

GOD! What do those 'other' posters have to hide that they cant come out of their shells and complain and have to put up an advocate (you) for themselves to talk out aloud here? Gimme a break. Apart from normal and rational criticising, I dont see any anti-Indian image or perception going around. Although, I can see that this forum has allowed good degree of criticism for ALL parties and somehow Indians are feeling an excessive brunt (probably because other forums dont allow good criticism) of that criticism (what can we do? if you're doing things worth criticising, they will come under scrutiny at DT) and portraying themselves as such innocent people. Please, 'useless' mud-slugging at DT Admin and Mod wont get anyone anywhere over here. This is no sissy discussion forum for kids to blab around all they want and insult anyone they want to. There's so much anti-Pakistan stuff that goes on here, but I dont see any Pakistani complaining (I'm guessing they're all much more open minded than our Indian friends?) or for that matter any other nationality. So much anti-US policy articles posted and even some abusive stuff (which gets locked down due to DT rule of 'respect') but our American friends dont whine about the Admin every now and then; they debate with facts and good intent of a great discussion and life goes on. So give it a break fellaz! I say, "Three Strikes - you're Out!" rules!! :smokingc:

suleman

SRI just opening a thread against RAW does not mean that whole forum is biased. If you cant discuss things in a discussion forum then its not the fault of mods. Can you provide some proof which highlights the biased decisions of mods?
Nationality of mods should not be a problem for you its the work they are doing here. When ever any action is taken all mods provide the reason or refer to the forum rules.If you think that a mod is not doing justice and targetting you then you can always report it to webs and he always provide justification or clarify things.
Another thing is that let the members speak who share your opinion you dont need to lead such teams.We are welcome for feedback and anyone can do it directly instead of reporting you and you tell us.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Sri,

DT had multiple nationality mods. DT had an Indian mod as well but these days Mukesh is busy with his work thus cannot donate some time for us. As soon as he is able to, we will reappoint him. I have asked couple of other indians on this forum to mod for us but did not get positive reply back.

You may not want it, but DT atm does resemble a Pakistani ant-Indian propaganda website.
Thats what you think and want others to think thats the only way you will get support to post the agenda you want to rather than face up to the responsibility of mutual respect and understanding. DT is an international website, respecting everyone and expecting some form of respect back(to admins/mods). Where there is thread criticising india, there is one criticising pakistan. Now, how heavy are those threads the readers decide that and what type of material is posted decides that.

The rules of DT apply to my self and down to the latest member that just registered.

Instead of passing accusations against mods, I want you to tell us how is DT biased anti indian? Anything you don't agree with is biased and anti-indian? For example, the RAW thread. Instead of replying to the study and report on RAW you directly went ahead and attacked ISI then you expect better treatement from Pakistanis - when you are totally ignoring the RAW issue and its activities and attacking ISI? Not ONE INDIA made a comment in that thread regarding the actual topic which was posted. Now that tells us something. All our indian friends were doing is trying to bring in ISI and turn RAW thread into bashing pakistan/ISI thing - while totally ignoring the indian RAW issue/study. Isn't that why someone opened an ISI thread... it was locked and we reopened it so you can continue to bash ISI since you were too POed over the RAW thread which you totally avoided and ignored since you disagreed with the study conducted. BTW, DT didn't have anything to do with the study so don't blame us for that... ;)

I can go on and give you more examples from 30,000 posts but what good will it do? You will still accuse us of being anti-indian unless we put up an indian flag and ban all pakistanis and turn this into regular indian forum where bashing pakistan is a hobby and disrespecting pakistani is loved. I don't think, Indians will be satisfied even then.

We are trying to get some more mods on board that can see both sides of the argument and have some type of common sense to lead in different forums/situations.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Although I voted "NO" but considering the India-Pak scenerio on this forum I say go 4 it webs

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
I dont think mod team should be based on multi national system. It should be based on members who r willing to lead the forum possitively. Who have will to moderate & have some knowledge in the sections where they ve been assigned to. Nationality should be least regarded.

redsoulja

WebMaster said:
Sri,
All our indian friends were doing is trying to bring in ISI and turn RAW thread into bashing pakistan/ISI thing - while totally ignoring the indian RAW issue/study. Isn't that why someone opened an ISI thread...
webs actually im not indian, i have to keep erpeatng it, i just opened the ISI thread because i found it whikle i was researching RAW's terrorist activities. I did not intend to bash the ISI
I don't think, Indians will be satisfied even then.
Now saying that all indians wll not be satisfactory,is making an assumption ,
i dont think sri represents all indians, do you think he does??
he does not represent all indians,

and just becuase no indians posted anything doesn't mean they are all Indian nationalist fantics or like sri and they ignored the topics, thats another assumption, if u want you can close the ISI thread , i regret creating it.

srirangan

Banned Member
Web,
I'ld appreciate it if you believe me when I say I'm not basing my opinions based on any particular thread, or any particular user. I'm making my views felt after some 1.5K posts and three months of non-stop participation on these boards.

suleman
I think that answer's your comment sir.

Myst,
You are entitled an opinion, but I don't regard it as much. You are kiddish and possibly too high on testosterone (atleast act that way on he www, don't know how you are IRL) and very biased. I think the boards, and more importantly you yourself wuld be better served if you take time out to read and understand, than just start off ranting your countries propaganda at each and every oppurtunity.

-------------------------

Web,

I haven't seen this "mukesh" guy post around, so obviously I wasn't aware of his presence, or lack of it. But if you want I can quote numerous occasions where your moderators have flamed or flame baited India, USA and/or Israel. Yes they are entitled a personal opinion, for that they can make a personal account and post from there; but to flame while being a moderator leaves a very bad impression on the user, and this impression directly reflects on this website.

Never have I asked you to remove all the Pak posters as your comment claimed. Please do not assume. I'll be the first person to voice out the right for each and every person to have an opinion.

And also the news reporting appears selective, I hope you understand the term "selective" and the sense that I've posted it in.

----------------

SABRE,

I agree with you in sentiment. Nationality should never be considered . But all of a sudden a bias comes in when dealing with thorny issues as is done here, and no human can not want to defend his/her country. Hence atleast while geopolitics is being discussed, let their be a vast array of multiple nationalities to neutral out each other.

mysterious

LOL, I am biased? Thats probably the biggest one I've heard in a while. Quoting your own self Sri, 'you are entitled to an opinion'. Enjoy! :smokingc:

Status
Not open for further replies.