Survey, your opinion needed

What do you think of DefenceTalk.com as a website?

• Not bad, get more features on it. [ please reply and tell us what type ]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs improvements [ where, what, how? Please reply]

• Current content sections are good, improve them with regular updates!

• I don't like the site... redesign it with lighter graphics, etc. [ Why not? Please reply.]

• I wish there were defence movies gallery as well!

• Other [ ALL GUESTs can reply to this, please take some time to post comments, etc.]

• Total voters

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hello everyone,

Please take few seconds to vote in this POLL and also reply to this thread about the current poll. [ YES ALL GUESTS and MEMBERS can REPLY TO THIS THREAD and VOTE AS WELL, please take some time to do so.

Thanks.

Admin Team

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If for some reason you cannot VOTE, just reply and tell us what you think. Thanks.

ullu

Defencetalk.com rulez but needs more participants and concentration on the content! :D

Gallery is good too i uploaded new pics of J-10!

suleman

Re: Survey, your opinion needed - OPEN TO ALL

site is good but need some improvements.Espacially in graphics and emoticons.

HAWK

Webbie

This site is very good and you have members who know how to promote (The Watcher...u know what I mean :) )

Is there any chance for a general conversation..anything goes (within the rules) section. Members couls have a chill out zone without effecting the integrity of other more meaty threads.

Webbie, PM me if you want to discuss promotion on PR..I hope Watcher has alerted you to me.

Anyway, good job Webbie, you recruited me here from EZ earlier..if you remember..on Brutes Airforce Forum...

umair

Peace Enforcer
Re: Survey, your opinion needed - OPEN TO ALL

I totally agree with Hawk on the "chill out zone" idea.Also we have loads of southasian members but very few members from other countries.If we want deftalk to be an international forum then we must find a way to increase the no of members from different countries.One way to do this might be to "deputise" our current members from Australia,The States etc to promote defence talk in their local forums. ;)

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Thanks guys.

We had chit-chat forum but it was merged into socio-politico. But, it seems we may need to reinvent that. Let us think about it. :)

Hawk, yes The Watcher is our marketing genious. :) About promotion, we welcome ALL people from all countries. If you are an indian, you will be treated with same respect and honor as other members from pakistan or US or Australia - all we ask is respect and honor in return. Freedom of speech is okay but comes with a price called Respect. :)

HAWK

Thx Webbie

I appreciate very much what you are trying to achive here. I also know why you are doing it as I also vist the other forums and know full well what you guys had to go through to make sure no one else goes through it as well.

I think a well done to you guys is more than deserved.

PS

Yep..I am an Indian..born in Africa though and spent a total of 4 months in India visiting in my life and 3 weeks in Pakistan for my best friends wedding. My rest of my life has been out of Asia.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Thanks Hawk. Glad you like it here-Do invite your friends and other defense people over. It would be a good mixup with our defence community.

We are not in this for money or raise money through donations, etc. We love defence related stuff and that is why so much effort is put into this. We work hard and want to be known us a good, mature defence website with members who know how to respect others even with difference of opinion.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I like the site as it enables me to see another side of "defence issues" at a different level.

The thing that does concern me is some of the racism. I realise we don't live in a perfect world, but one of the other factors about defence is education about alternatives to going to war.

There are some who are keen to shoot rather than talk. That in any society is not helpful

I suppose I see forums like this as a way to break down misunderstandings and show other views.

Having seen what racism leads to, having seen people end up in little pieces due to unbridled hate makes you pause.

I guess its another education process for me about what is considered acceptable in different cultures.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Thanks GF.

Racism is a problem and you see people expressing their racism on many forums on the net. Deftalk's admin team/mod team doesn't support racism nor does it allow racist comments. But there are always some bad apples who wish to express their opinion and argument through racism, which is pretty sad and unfortunate.

If you do come across such talk please let us know or drop a PM to me and we will take care of it. :)

Thanks

Soldier

I love the site and the way things are controlled here. Kudos to Webbie, GF, Shamayel, Suleman and all others involved to police it and keep it clean and at times kicking our butt to come back to the topic.

Suggestions: Content wise its the best forum I have ever come across and i love this forum and try to find some time to trouble other people here. :D
Can not think of anything but a little bit of cosmetic appearence once in a while will keep eyes colorful.. :smokingc:

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
it's one of the best defence sites i been to, but too few people are on the forums. another thing, can we make a new sections on the forum where people can post things other than defence or news related?? it be nice to be able to talk BS on the BS section after a day of discussion. :D
and besides the gallery the site could also use a section containing database for weapons systems around the world.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Pathfinder, BS on BS section? :lol

I will talk it over with the team, see what they say?

About weapons systems...

Well, could you give some more details what you have in mind? If you don't want to discuss it here, PM me.

We will welcome anything defence related. ;)

PS: Once the gallery is finished, it will look good trust me. :D

Enjoy!!!

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
well for the weapons sections im think besides the news, gallery, forums we could add an new section on weapon system data, like MBTs, fighters, to warships. im sure such a section would increase the amount of people coming to our site. there are many of us that are very knowledgible at weapon specs, im sure we can make a good sections.

and about BS section, im having the idea of a new board on the forum, it can allow us talk about other things in life, like jokes, travelling experience. it'll be great to be able to discuss other things besides defence(it gets boring after a long day).

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
I see. That would be good addition in my opinion and we plan to do that in the long run but currently want to get this gallery project really well done.

I will try to get the specs, etc. into the gallery but if not then whole different section and page for it. ;)

We use to have this General chit chat but it was merged into the political forum since not too many members, but it looks like we might have one again. :D