New Pakistan / India topics on FREEZE - Must Read for ALL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
We have decided to put a FREEZE on NEW Pakistan / India topics for next 10 days. From 21st of july to 31st of July.

This action will help us look at other issues around the world and kinda step back from the ass rubbing that has been going on here for some time now.

There is a lot happening in other parts of the world but all we see here is people concerned with South Asia and on top of that some controversial issues really get out of hand sometimes!

DT is intended as International Defence Forum and not region or country specific website. I would be pleased if everyone sets their focus on International defence issues rather than a specific region. There is a lot happening in Middle east, Far east, pacific rim, EU, South America as far as defence is concerned. Be creative and post interesting topics that are not related to South Asia for next 10 days. Lets see how we do?

So, again do not open any topics related to Pak or India unless its VERY IMPORTANT (MODS will decide what is important) for next 10 days. If you do and its not important enough, it will be deleted.

PS: Note title in your browser window. Lets roll!

Enjoy!!!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BTW, you may continue to discuss the existing Pak/India topics. Just that no new topics for next 10 days related to South Asia! :p

srirangan

Banned Member
What if something big comes up? The SAARC conf is under way and there a mighty good chance that some big statement/development may just come out; if that's the case then what?

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
From my point of view-No Exceptions. Sorry. But, it will be up to the mods to decide, it would be better if it can wait. ;)

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
Yeah i was beginning to think this place is gonna turn into another Pakistan Defense Forum. 7 out of 10 threads mentions either pakistan or India.

srirangan

Banned Member
Hey if we can have region based forums (seperate forum for Middle East, South Asia, Europe etc) like then those people who don't wanna read about South Asia can easily avoid it.

I'm just not a fan of this sort of restrictions about what to post and what not etc. Seems like a dictatorship which I don't like ;)

Also being a web guy myself I am aware that it's never wise to shy away your most prolific user group. Just proper organization can take care of this mess.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
Well for starters this is a defence forum with high qulity of discussions, not a world affairs forum. We mainly discuss defence related issue or equipment here. Lately the forums experience a lot of ass rubbing which annoys me to see people flamming instead of discussing. If we add those sections we then that defeats the thing that attract me and most people here, friendly enviroment to talk about military, not world affairs. Adding pak/indian section is bound for ass rubs happening and might degrade the forum itself. I strongly stand against the idea. If people want to talk about India and Pak there are plenty of other forums out there.

srirangan

Banned Member
If you throw out the geopolitical discussions, then 90% of the discussions on this thread will have to go. That's something no webmaster will like.

The fact is people will discuss what they want to discuss, if you block them in this forum they'll just go about doing it elsewhere.

Admin: Please merge posts rather than separate them. Esp when the lodgement is only 5 minutes apart and there are no follow on posts from other forum users.

mysterious

I dont agree with that. A good deal of threads are in the military equipment and related forums. I'm with Webbie here as recently I've been feeling tired of posting in Indo-Pak threads just cuz of all the heated stuff that goes on in there. I need a break! Hope these 10 days work out well for me to rest my mind and concentrate on doing some work for the Weapons DB section. :smokingc:

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Its only for testing purposes, we will go back to normal in 10 days. Relax.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Pak India topics on freeze again until further notice.

DO NOT POST ANY MORE PAK INDIA TOPICS in Political or Flash Points.

POST ONLY if topic is related to AIRFORCE, ARMY, NAVY or other MILITARY related.

Continue discussions in the existing topics, otherwise post topics NOT related to pak/India for a change!!!

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
WebMaster said:
Pak India topics on freeze again until further notice.

DO NOT POST ANY MORE PAK INDIA TOPICS in Political or Flash Points.

POST ONLY if topic is related to AIRFORCE, ARMY, NAVY or other MILITARY related.

Continue discussions in the existing topics, otherwise post topics NOT related to pak/India for a change!!!
Matey, you aren't getting a tad frustrated are you?? ;)

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Well, this constant baby sitting and direction to some members on how to discuss/debate/give respect to get some speeches is just too much.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
It is for Flash Points and Political topics. Post with caution!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Looks like we need another freeze.? :roll

:cry

Theres more to defence than just india and pakistan guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.