New forum software

Which one should DT forums go far?

• Invision Board

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

adsH

yeah Vbuilletin is the better option very then we''l closely be related to Pakdef lol, this will definitely kill!!

highsea

vBulletin is popular and easy to use, but a couple of the boards I have seen can be very slow (AZBand WAB). I don't know how much that is a server problem or database issue, since I haven't admin'ed either.

My personal fav is InfoPop UBBThreads for performance, I don't know about the features though, I haven't really looked at them in comparison.

srirangan

Banned Member
Take my tip, if you want features both VBulletin and Invision are equal, Invision rakes up less bandwidth though.

And if you want to save on bandwidth considerably, then Phorum is the choice, although no fancy features it is simple, quick to load and saves like hell on bandwidth consumption/

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, infopop is expensive yet vbulliten with similar features is not as expensive as invision or infopop!

I am looking at both invision and bulliten. Its going to be a tough decision. :D

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I've picked Inv, based on what I've heard from some Oz bulletin board owners. They went for Inv due to bandwidth issues and based on reloads of pics etc...

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, if you are going to have a lot of graphics with the template of course bandwidth consumption is going to increase.

Is there a comparative study out there saying that vb is slower than IvB? Slowness of a board depends on many factors such as connection of the user, type of server its running on, connection between the user and the server, etc.