YH-X?Chinese Supersonic Stealth Bomber?

HotDog

these images are circulating in almost every military forums and news site in china, anyone have the idea of the background story?:confused:

RobWilliams

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eh, i'd file them with the ever expanding crop of PLA CGIs of what they'd like to have or the wacky concept stuff. My rule of thumb with China is that i'll believe it's a thing when I see some real life pictures of it.

Some say it's just some concepts drawn up by an enthusiast.

Cool concept though.

locutus

these images are circulating in almost every military forums and news site in china, anyone have the idea of the background story?:confused:
Looks to me like someone modified US aircraft/designs. The first two remind me of an enlarged F-117 and the third one looks like a version of the X-51A Waverider. I'd guess someone just playing around.

Ranger25

Staff member
Eh, i'd file them with the ever expanding crop of PLA CGIs of what they'd like to have or the wacky concept stuff. My rule of thumb with China is that i'll believe it's a thing when I see some real life pictures of it.

Some say it's just some concepts drawn up by an enthusiast.

Cool concept though.
Agreed 100%. Good conceptual pics but I don't see the PLAF having the capability to realistically build them. They're still having issues making a reliable domestically built fighter engine