Who is the most iconic RAF figure of World War Two?

Park82

Here at the RAF Benevolent Fund (RAFBF) we are holding a poll to find the most iconic RAF figure of World War Two. To vote please visit:

90 faces of the RAF Benevolent Fund

The poll is featured on our special 90th anniversary website, “90 Faces of the RAFBF”, which features 90 stories about our history, fundraisers and supporters.
If you visit you can listen to Winston Churchill's famous 1951 radio appeal on behalf of the RAFBF, watch videos of beneficiaries and serving RAF personnel describe how we help, and learn about the enormous support we enjoy among the RAF family.

StevoJH

The Bunker Group
I went for Bader, but Downing is the other person I thought of, followed by Parks.

Winston Churchill may be an honorary Air Commodore, but when I think Winston Churchill, I think "Prime Minister" or "1st Lord of the Admiralty", not RAF.

StevoJH

The Bunker Group
The Brain. Its a bit late over here. (exams start next week and i'm busily avoiding studying)

Park82

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dowding ahead

Many thanks for your votes in our poll to find the most iconic RAF figure of World War Two. At the moment Air Chief Marshal Dowding leads the pack, with Bader, Harris and Gibson following on close behind.

This poll has led to some great discussion about what constitutes an iconic figure, and plenty of debate about the merits of certain candidates, so we have decided to leave the poll open until the end of the year.

Please do cast your vote if you haven’t already, we would love to hear your views.

Park82

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's still time to cast votes!

Thanks to all who have cast their votes on the most iconic RAF figure of World War Two. The online poll has been very popular so we are keeping it open until the end of January.

So there’s still time to give your opinion – every vote counts!

At the moment Air Chief Marshal Dowding leads the pack, with Bader, Harris and Gibson following on close behind.

The game is hosted on the RAF Benevolent Fund’s special 90th anniversary microsite, “90 Faces of the RAF Benevolent Fund”. The microsite is full of stories and anecdotes about the charity, the people we help and our supporters. Please do have a look around the site after placing your vote, and learn more about the RAF’s leading welfare charity.