US Air Force to China: Our geeks can beat up your geeks

Generalissimo

It said that the Air Force ordered the entire command to be "virtual". That sounds to me like an old-fashioned cost cutting measure that conveinently sound totally appropriate to your cyber-warfare command. But when you think about it, doesn't it make more sense for the Command to have a physical HQ with paper files and all that other analog technology? That way they are effectively unhackable and thus internally secure. Being entirely digital leaves you open to lots of counter-counter-espionage.

icekid

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So how does this mean that American geeks can beat up on Chinese geeks? Like the Pentagon or independent American geeks weren't doing this before? Remember the "I love you" virus? I think the majority still don't want to believe it was some Filipino kid that set it loose on the world. Or that Chinese woman that broke the West's top encryption code and was denied entry into the US for being a national security risk after being invited by top American encryption experts to speak at a conference to tell everyone how she did it. Sounds like denial is going to be a lot more of a national security threat than some hackers.