Top 10 Air Froces In The World

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aussie Digger

arunjsamuel said:
i wanted to know the rankings based on the aircraft fleet and quality of pilots...
The problem with this sort of thread is that it's extremely subjective and very ill-defined.

How do you define best? Largest? Most combat experience? By either measure the USAF is No 1 and daylight is second and third... :D

Unfortunately there are rules against opening this sort of thread, because before very long everyone starts trumpeting their own particular force because they cannot be objective.

We want quality military discussions here, not "slanging matches" and this sort of thread eventually degenerates into such. I'll leave it open for the time being however, provided you give a decent logical list of WHO and WHY you think the best airforces in the world are. If not...:(

rjmaz1

US is no doubt number 1

Russia - Based on quantity and quality of aircraft and pilots
China - Based on quantity of aircraft
U.K - Based on quality and combat experience.
France - Rafales make them good ;)
Israel - Lean and modern with high support and training.
India - based on training and quality.
Taiwon - Lots of quality US aircraft.
Germany?
Saudi Arabia?
Italy?
Japan?
South Korea maybe

Thats a rough idea of rankings and should spark a bit of friendly conversation :)

arunjsamuel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
when put ranking on the basis of quantity/qaulity ratio,china cant stand in the top slop because most of its fleets are scrap ie outdated MIGS.Thats applicable to Russia also.I think it can be ranked like this....
1.USA
2.UK
3.France
4.India
5.Russia
6.China
7.Israel
These are my approximate rankings....

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Please avoid such empty and pointless threads.

Other threads with titles like: "which country is the best...", "who has the best..." or "what is the best..." type threads do not really serve any purpose but give blind patriotic kids a chance to make boastful statements about their respective country.

And when you open a thread, provide YOUR OWN INPUT, your own thoughts and other related information so that you can stimulate better discussion and give others something to reply to. Looking at reply #5 in this thread, there should be at least 8 paragraphs explaining why each air force is best and why/what/how it was ranked, etc. Unfortunately, pulling country names and imaginative approach to this issue is not something that moderator team or the regular members of DefenceTalk find entertaining. Let's put some substance in our threads and especially those that ask "what/which is best..."

There are plenty of threads on this issue, just search the forums.
Rules:
http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/rules.php

Please know that DT is not your just another defence forum. Your attention to rules, realism / realistic and technical approach to strategic defence matters is needed and very much appreciated.

Thanks and enjoy!

Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.