Qaher 313 New Iranian Fighter Jet

Status
Not open for further replies.

gold eagle

Iran has unveiled a new domestically-designed and developed fighter jet, which is said to be similar to a US-made warplane.

Qaher-313 (Conqueror-313) advanced military aircraft was put on display during a ceremony on Saturday in the presence of Commander of Iran’s Army Major General Ataollah Salehi, Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi and Commander of the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) Brigadier General Hassan Shah-Safi on the occasion of the Ten-Day Dawn celebrations commemorating the victory of 1979 Islamic Revolution.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who addressed the unveiling ceremony, reiterated that Iran’s defense might did not serve purposes of “expansionism and aggression against other countries” and it was “deterrent” by nature.

Ahmadinejad also stated that the fighter jet had been completely designed and manufactured by Iranian experts.

The new single-seat bomber has been manufactured based on state-of-the-art technologies and modern defense achievements.

In recent years, Iran has made great achievements in the defense sector and gained self-sufficiency in essential military hardware and defense systems.

Azarakhsh (Lightning) is Iran’s first domestically-manufactured combat jet.

Saeqeh (Thunderbolt) fighter jet is a follow-up aircraft, derived from Azarakhsh. Iran unveiled its first squadron of Saeqeh fighter bombers in an air show in September 2010.

Tehran has repeatedly assured other nations, especially regional neighbors, that its military might poses no threat to other countries, stating that its defense doctrine is merely based on deterrence.

www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/02/02/286841/iran-unveils-new-indigenous-fighter-jet/

old faithful

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Reminds me of a mock up of one of those future fighters from a teenager war movie, was.it Firefox?

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
The physical size looks small. Something combat-trainer sized rather then a full sized fighter jet. Just like all their previous domestic combat aircraft. The gigantic canards are interesting looking.

colay

Have a look at the pic of the pilot sitting in the cockpit for some indication of the size of this thing.. looks like a movie prop.

http://www.businessinsider.com/irans-new-indigenous-fighter-;)qaher-313-david-cenciotti-2013-2

An Analysis Of Iran's New Indigenous Stealth Fighter 'Qaher 313'

by David Cenciotti | Feb. 2, 2013, 4:48 AM | 173

.. Summing up: the shape is interesting with some innovative features but the Q-313 displayed on Feb. 1, 2013, seems to be nothing more than a large mock up model (not properly sized to accommodate a real pilot…

Volkodav

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
And here's America's even NEWER stealth aircraft...

:rolleyes:
Just waiting for the "news" footage of its first flight using outtakes from "Space:Above and Beyond". Sorry I shouldn't be so cynical but it’s a bit like a West Highland Terrier yapping at a Great Dane, the only reason its still alive is the Dane knows he’ll be in more trouble than it is worth to stop the yapping.

RobWilliams

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a bit of "footage" of the aircraft flying, very poor quality.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF9FHDiQQ-c"]Iran stealth fighter jet Qaher 313 2013 مقاتلة "قاهر 313" المتطورة - YouTube[/nomedia]

Hell, i'm gunna link a Guardian video. Is it normal that the pilot moving in the cockpit could cause the aircraft to visibly rock from side to side?!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2013/feb/02/iran-unveils-fighter-jet-video

Volkodav

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro

Iran stealth fighter jet Qaher 313 2013 مقاتلة "قاهر 313" المتطورة - YouTube

Hell, i'm gunna link a Guardian video. Is it normal that the pilot moving in the cockpit could cause the aircraft to visibly rock from side to side?!

Iran unveils new domestically built fighter jet - video | World news | guardian.co.uk
I can't breath, I honestly can't get my breath, my sides hurt, that video was almost in the same order as the Dave Allen skit where the world’s funniest joke was used as a weapon to make the enemy laugh themselves to death.

Seriously, Iran has a lot going for it but could have so much more if their leadership could learn to play nicely with others. This immature one ups man ship is hilarious except for the fact it is coming from a country that I do not doubt will have nuclear weapons in my life time.

ADMk2

Just a bloke
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro

Iran stealth fighter jet Qaher 313 2013 مقاتلة "قاهر 313" المتطورة - YouTube

Iran unveils new domestically built fighter jet - video | World news | guardian.co.uk
Why is it that Iran can build low observable fighter jets but it can't get a decent quality handy-cam, let alone a professional video camera? I had a better quality phone in my Nokia N73 phone 8 years ago than Iran uses today to video these "scoops"...

How come that stealthy "fighter's" wings are anhedral but so ridiculously exaggerated? Does Iran not understand from all the UAV's it has captured, that vertical surfaces are a no-no in "stealth" designs and that if an aircraft could be made agile enough and have sufficient control authority for supersonic flight and maneuvering, they would be tailless designs?

Ananda

The Bunker Group
At least they have move on from F-5 clone or upgrading that 60's design. What the true capabilities of this aircraft, I believe is secondary for the regime. It's the perception of independent capability I believe they want to sell to their own public.

ADMk2

Just a bloke
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
At least they have move on from F-5 clone or upgrading that 60's design. What the true capabilities of this aircraft, I believe is secondary for the regime. It's the perception of independent capability I believe they want to sell to their own public.
The F-5 at least is a real aircraft that flies. This thing I think, is made out of wood. Have a close look at the "air intakes". They are rough, un-smooth finishes, as if they've been sawn by hand...

Have a look here:

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Well, like I said, the real consumers of this aircraft it's their own domestic public. The regime try very hard to keep the population to stay true on their ranks. Afterall Iranian public resentment to the regime need tobe channeled to something else. Perception of independent military capability I believe is one of them.

Still if the video is true, then the flight (again if this is true), show to the public especially domestic regime supporters that the regime still in control for any possible threat tothe survival.

simplex

Banned Member
Does Iran not understand ... that if an aircraft could be made agile enough and have sufficient control authority for supersonic flight and maneuvering, they would be tailless designs?
Qaher-313 does not look to be a supersonic fighter jet. It is much like an F-117.
Q-313 maximum speed should be somewhere between 800 and 1000 km/h.

StobieWan

Super Moderator
Staff member
The "flight" demo has all the hallmarks of a model aircraft, bless 'em. My money is on "toy/demo" til I see otherwise.

It's way too small to be a combat aircraft with anything like a payload, there's no sign of a weapons bay (or room for one) and I don't think there's anything like the number or size of control surfaces on the wings, the canards don't appear to move unless I'm missing something ?

StobieWan

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is not your own remark. You should quote the primary source.
What do you mean "this is not your own remark" ? I'm pretty sure it is my own remark, as I distinctly recall being there when it was typed....

I'm sorry - the alleged demo flight footage looks like poor quality footage of a scale model being flown. That's my opinion, nothing more.

As I've said, and as others have also indicated, the rollout model doesn't look like a working aircraft either - control surfaces, inlets, that sort of thing, they're all lacking in detail that I'd expect from a flyable jet.

StobieWan

Super Moderator
Staff member
MiG-15 is also roughly the same size as Q-313 and it was a combat aircraft.
Here's what I wrote.

" there's no sign of a weapons bay (or room for one) and I don't think there's anything like the number or size of control surfaces on the wings, the canards don't appear to move unless I'm missing something ?"

Try dealing with the points you've avoided - if this is intended to be a VLO aircraft, where do the weapons go ?

Actually, how big is the 313 ? Do you have any figures ? I think everyone else is looking at the item pictured and scaling from the cockpit, which seems to take up a large chunk of the aircraft. If you look at a Mig-15, the cockpit seems much further off the ground than the 313 and smaller in comparison to the 313.

I'm also quite a bit bothered by how much the aircraft moves around when the pilot enters the aircraft, indicating the structure is very light indeed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.