Which MIG or Sukhoi jet is today's best air superiority fighter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

contedicavour

I read a lot of MIG-29SMT and of plenty of variants of the SU-27. Which is the best air superiority fighter, ie the one best suited to face off Typhoons and F22s ?

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Please Read!!!

Please read this:

http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/announcement.php?f=47

This also includes "which is the best..." threads!

I am getting a little tired of these "this vs that: and the "which is the best... threads and it is especially frustrating when the user opening the threads does not provide ANY personal input (technical or and outline of how user understands the weapon system) on the topic whatsoever.

I guess we need rules on "this vs that" threads? Yup, only on DefenceTalk!

Here it goes, when opening "this vs that or the which is the best..." threads, keep this in mind:

1. -Provide YOUR OWN input, detail it and show that you've studied both (this and that) extensively
  2. -tell us WHY you think one is better than the other...
  3. -Use references to support your argument, if you can't find a reliable source then use wikipedia. Sorry. Don't merely rely on the references to make up your post.
  4. -Ask questions and put forth a detailed argument so that others are forced to reply to your opinion
  5. Your main goal should be to attract the serious poster and those who are looking to engage in serious discussion rather than small talk and boastful comments about their own country's equipment.
contedicavour, lets see if you can follow the format above otherwise we will have to close this thread and wait until someone opens the thread with proper requirements.

Liquid

If it's operational aircraft only, I'd say India's Su-30 MKI. It has an impressive array of Western and Russian technologies and thrust-vectoring/canards.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
As you can see, the two replies that this thread had follow the same pattern as the initial post and they have one thing in common: One or two sentences and that is it. ;) That is your idea of discussing superiority of world class air force weapons? :rolleyes:

Locking!

Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.