Mig I-2000

adil

I've read about this jet being a competitor of the JSF project, and on some forums, it has been said that Iran is developing this jet with Russia. is this plane the Shafagh or is it a completely different plane? i havent been able to find any detailed info about it on the net, but i have found a CG pic.

http://www.aviation.ru/MiG/MiG-I-2000.jpg

Roger Smith

adil said:
I've read about this jet being a competitor of the JSF project, and on some forums, it has been said that Iran is developing this jet with Russia. is this plane the Shafagh or is it a completely different plane? i havent been able to find any detailed info about it on the net, but i have found a CG pic.

http://www.aviation.ru/MiG/MiG-I-2000.jpg

I feel the this the next generation of fighter plane, which Russia is developing with India. :)

adil

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like the YF-23!how many names is that russian-indian plane going to take, ive heard PAK FA, S37 and now this!

darklegent

To my knowledge The compitator to The Mig is the Su-55 a derivative of the Supersonic trainer the Su-54. Speculating on the project as of yet is a lil 2 early.

dabrownguy

Actually this is the Shafaq aircraft which Russia and Iran were gonna make but Russia pulled out and Iran is working on it alone.

adsH

dabrownguy said:
Actually this is the Shafaq aircraft which Russia and Iran were gonna make but Russia pulled out and Iran is working on it alone.
I would assume that Iran probably still has Ex russian/soviet scientist working on the project i mean they would be unemployeed back there in russia.

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
As far as I can tell, the Shafagh (or whatever it is called in Iran and/or Russia) is a light combat aircraft. JSF or F16 are larger. That is, it is something comparable to the Korean F50 development of their T50 trainer. Or like the combat version of the European MEKO trainer. Or like Taiwanese Indigenous Fighter. This would be a capable replacement for Iran's F5's, nothing less and nothing more.

ssatpathy

This is the I-2000

Guys , sorry I'm late to the party but this is indeed the image of the I-2000 LFI conceptualized by Mikoyan to be developed jointly with India. The actual version that India is actively considering is the Vityaz-2000.

Big-E

Banned Member
Guys , sorry I'm late to the party but this is indeed the image of the I-2000 LFI conceptualized by Mikoyan to be developed jointly with India. The actual version that India is actively considering is the Vityaz-2000.
I doubt any 5th gen fighter co-produced by Russia and India will be a MIG design. The money is going into PAKFA headed by Sukhoi.

alexsa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Looks like the YF-23!how many names is that russian-indian plane going to take, ive heard PAK FA, S37 and now this!
Nah the YF-23 looked like a stealth capable aircraft. Love the leading edge extensions/inner wing ..... call it what you like

aaaditya

I doubt any 5th gen fighter co-produced by Russia and India will be a MIG design. The money is going into PAKFA headed by Sukhoi.
india rejected the pakfa outright due to its twin engined and heavy aircraft design,the previous indian defence minister expressed interest in the mig single engined stealth designs and invited them and sukhoi to offer their single engine designs to the indian airforce for joint development,recently the two russian companies (mig and sukhoi) along with hal of india briefed the indian airforce and the indian defence minister mr.a.k.anthony with their designs ,these included work share arrangements,design features ,and techno economic matters,it is now upto indian airforce to choose which design meets their requirements, another important and related development is that indian and russian goverments are to sign 12 defence agreements covering the research and development in the fields of stealth,hypersonic technoloy and microwave technologies.this agreement is likely to be signed during putins visit to india in january 2007.

Viktor

True but MIG with Indian govrement is sufinancing theirs own 5th generation fighter. Only recently Russian govrement decided to provide some funds unlike PAK-FA project whitch is entirely being financed by govrement.

Abhimanyu

Viktor is absolutely on the money ! The Indian Minsitry of Defense has pulled out of the PAKFA project altogether. They are leaning heavily towards the Mikoyan concept which is a evolved version of the I-2000. The Indian defense minister, Pranab Mukherjee has been quoted as saying that he and his team fo experts prefer the MiKoyan concept.

Big-E

Banned Member
It doesn't make much sense for Russian R&D dollars to go to Sukhoi and Indian R&D to go to MIG. If you two can't agree on a single designer your redundancy will kill your cost effective ratio.

aaaditya

It doesn't make much sense for Russian R&D dollars to go to Sukhoi and Indian R&D to go to MIG. If you two can't agree on a single designer your redundancy will kill your cost effective ratio.
a single designer would be selected ,but the project would be jointly funded and developed.

Abhimanyu

I see this as fostering competition between the two leading non-Western companies. This will infact forec both to bring their best to the table when dealing with India. Infact, India may one day buy a significant stake in one of these comapnies.

Big-E

Banned Member
It appears all the aircraft companies will be merged into the UABC and the stock will go public. That solves that problem.