• K-8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IJT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

adsH

i would say Both are good efforts but i would say K-8, was first designed with some input form the US and then the Chinese designed it with the Pakistanis, It's got to be better.

Libyan

neither make mine the alpha jet!

lol nothing like being able to carry an 8,000 lb bomb load on a light trainer.

P.A.F

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ITJ

Overall Wingspan: 10.00 metres.
Overall Length: 11.00 metres.
Overall Height: 4.40 metres.
Normal Training Weight: 3500 kg
Max Take Off Weight: 4500 Kg
Max Mach Number: 0.75 Mach
Max Dive Speed: 750 km/h
Service Ceiling: 9000 metres.
Maximum Load Factor: +7g / -2.5g

1] A basic trainer, suitable for basic jet training.
2] A trainer for basic combat use of unguided weapons, air-to-air missiles and sea targets.
3] A combat trainer with under-wing hardpoints capable of launching guided missiles and using guidance equipment pods.
4] A single-seater tactical fighter, with guns, all-weather radar for use of AAMs and ASMs.
5] A Coast Guard SAR aircraft, with a nose-mounted search radar.

K-8

Power Plant Garrett TFE - 731 - 2A - 2A Turbo fan
Take-Off Thrust 3600 lb
Height 13.81 ft
Length 11.6m
Wing Span 9.63m
Empty Weight 2,687kg
Max. Taking off Weight 4,330kg
Max. level speed 800km/h
Service Ceiling 13,000m
Ferry Range 2,250km
Max. Overload -3 ~ +7.3g
Endurance 4.4h
Taking off Run 410m
Landing Run 512m

Armament: 2,080 lb. (945 kg) equivalent. One 23mm cannon under centre-fuselage, with self-computing optical gunsight in cockpit. 4 hardpoints - two external stores points under each wing - capable of carrying gun pods, rocket pods, bombs, missiles, auxiliary fuel tanks (inboard pair only), or a reconnaissance pod.

lalith prasad

Banned Member
for information about sitara chck bharat rakshak.com it is relatively olod information.latest is that it is to have a new engine al55 something having 19.5 to 20.5 kn thrust also an ajt version is being developed with two engines these are rumours circulating in india

adsH

Guys these are trainers not front-line fighters. they are intermediate Platform for new pilots, it's subsonic, no one should even try and add more thrust to such an AC its designed to give the pilot near Supersonic speed familiarization before he or she gets on to the real thing, this AC can be used for low-level resonance but you have UAV do the job. making these into supersonic by adding new more powerfull engines can be devestateing for instance first its the integration problem the new more powerful engine would be heavier therefore stability is affected, would heat up more and would need more insulation adds more weight, the new engine would ideally burn more fuel, would require extra fuel tanks. the Aerodynamics are designed for Subsonic flights making them fly at supersonic could damaged the electronics and the structure can start bulking, the inexperienced pilot who will fly such an ac would find it harder to control at the Spead. therefore your back to square-one the orignal Mig21 crash problem pilot error pluss poor platform. lets keep things simple shall we. ;)

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
They're lead in fighters, as such they are tier 3 fighters. Not something that you can really compare in this scenario.

If you want to have a tier 3 war, then I suppose you could start to make comparisons.

Tier 3's tend to be ideal for point defence, last gasps, or strike. Outside of that, they should stick to being used for their original design brief.

It would have to be a pretty poor design on a LIF if the electronics were not robust for aggressive flight work - after all, one assumes that they are milspec quality.

What changes did China and Pakistan make to the K-8?

adsH

K-8 is a basic AC designed for subsonic training. i doubt it has the necessary shielding for supersonic flights, thats all what i saying GF, i doubt the Electronics on bord the K-8 Are any thing top noch, PAF uses these for Only pilot Training nothing else

adsH

only if all AC have been taken out the AC is poorly armed the Radar is primitive, or does it even have one, anyone flying to a war scenario is doomed for sure.

adsH

it doesn't matter any more this is a stupid comparison two non combat ac that will never see each other are being compared here, these are trainers anything reliable is good for the job and both seam to be good enough for the task at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.