Israel Air Force (IAF)

Eldorado82

Hi All!

I'm David 27 years old, from Israel. A part of being an Israeli is of course serving in the army. I was lucky enough to serve in one of the most sophisticated and cutting-edge AIr forces in the world. Was technician of great war beasts- the Skyhawks. was stationed in the beginning of my service in Nevatim AFB and then was moved to Hatzerim.
Would love to discuss anything about the IAF, i'm aviation enthusiast and love the aircrafts I was woking on.

waiting for your threads
David

dragonfire

Hi All!

I'm David 27 years old, from Israel. A part of being an Israeli is of course serving in the army. I was lucky enough to serve in one of the most sophisticated and cutting-edge AIr forces in the world. Was technician of great war beasts- the Skyhawks. was stationed in the beginning of my service in Nevatim AFB and then was moved to Hatzerim.
Would love to discuss anything about the IAF, i'm aviation enthusiast and love the aircrafts I was woking on.

waiting for your threads
David
Welcome to DT !

It's time we saw some Israeli Military threads in the forum, good luck with tht

Also you can approach one of the moderators if you want to submit your credentials to be accredited as a defence professional on the forum

Gud Luck

Black_Eagle

Hi All!

waiting for your threads
David
well david i'm 17 years old..and from republic of iraq,and i'd love if u could enlight me in the IAF technology and aircrafts..but i have a question...is it true that IAF is going to have F35s in the end of 2011?

SpudmanWP

The Bunker Group
The IAF has not made any decision on the purchase of F-35s. The main issue seems to be the extra costs involved in integrating the requested Israeli equipment and the ability to do detailed repairs that requires sensitive information (that none of the other Partner nation is getting either).

They will not have them in 2011. It takes at least 24 months from order to delivery. They may order them by 2011, but they would arrive in 2013.

Spetsznaz

Uh Uh pick me pick me!::pimp

I know this is a wild topic, but is it possible that with the decreasing US interest in Israel, Israel may consider purchasing aircraft from European and Russian aircraft:cool:

SpudmanWP

The Bunker Group
Not too get too political, but the USA is NOT getting less interested in Israel. There is one man, and to a lesser extent one party, who are trying to achieve peace through superior appeasement. It did not work for Chamberlain and it won't work now either.

They are not long for the halls of power and relations with Israel will get back to normal.

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know this is a wild topic, but is it possible that with the decreasing US interest in Israel, Israel may consider purchasing aircraft from European and Russian aircraft:cool:
Do not derail this thread with political discussions. There will be no political discussions on this thread as I do not want to see this thread closed down.

Last edited:

Eldorado82

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Guys!

I would like to join OPSSG and i would like to ask you NOT no discuss politics here. i believe it is a forum of aviation entusiasts so lets discuss IAF and not Israeli politics:)

thanks for the warm welcome

Eldorado82

Why is the IAF is so unique and special? first of all we don't have THAT long history. IAF was created when Israel set its foot print on the worlds map at 1948. Fist it was consisted mainly from pilots that came to support young country, and our first pilots were almost all of them not Israeli. since then, unfortunately we had lots of war and operations all over history what made out IAF one of the most experienced all over the world nowadays ( after the USAF, respect. )
we can use old aircraft to perform almost like a new one. A-4's squadron flies about 4000 flight hours in half year. I'm talking about the pilots training squadron. During my service in the IAF base Nevatim we had there one squadron of A-4's (116th) and we had lots of visits from USAF and Marines. Had lots of interaction between our and their pilots. i really enjoyed hearing from a pilots that were flying together with israeli pilots that even in some parameters we do exceed them.

I've enjoyed much in my service, spending the night back in the squadron, solving malfunctions on these eldery beasts.
would like to change experiences with other military aviation professionals from all over the world, to find people that in the veins they have instead of blood jet fuel like me :)

B. R
David

Spetsznaz

Guys!

I would like to join OPSSG and i would like to ask you NOT no discuss politics here. i believe it is a forum of aviation entusiasts so lets discuss IAF and not Israeli politics:)

thanks for the warm welcome
Let me rephrase this, I dont want to discuss US relations with Israel, I simply want to know if the IAF is interested in purchasing aircraft, of not US manufacture. :D

highnndry

Let me rephrase this, I dont want to discuss US relations with Israel, I simply want to know if the IAF is interested in purchasing aircraft, of not US manufacture. :D
This sort of question is hard to answer without getting political, but I'll try my best:D. Israel don't buy fighter they get them for free, unless the Europeans wants to give them for free.....:p:

Eldorado82

This sort of question is hard to answer without getting political, but I'll try my best:D. Israel don't buy fighter they get them for free, unless the Europeans wants to give them for free.....:p:

WRONG ANSWER. Israel buys aircrafts from US not for free, and as soon as aircraft comes to Israel, we make certain upgrades..
We dont have any favours or privilegies from US

besides, we dont have any european aircrafts in IAF.

swerve

Super Moderator
WRONG ANSWER. Israel buys aircrafts from US not for free, and as soon as aircraft comes to Israel, we make certain upgrades..
We dont have any favours or privilegies from US.
What planet are you living on?

Israel receives about $2.5 bn (it used to be $3 bn) in military aid from the USA each year. About 25% of this can be spent in Israel, on Israeli weapons & equipment, & the rest must be spent in the USA. US weapons are paid for with this aid. It used to be required to spend all the money in the USA, but Israel successfully lobbied for permission to spend some in Israel, as it was having difficulty spending everything in the USA, but was short of money for buying non-US equipment.

In effect, all US weapons bought by Israel are free, & have been for over 40 years. Loans made to Israel to buy US weapons up to 1982 were entirely repaid out of later aid payments, given by the USA for precisely that purpose. The development of some Israeli weapons, e.g. the Arrow missile & associated systems, have been heavily subsidised by the USA, both from the usual aid allocation, & from extra payments direct from the US defence budget.

Eldorado82

thanks for the update, i know that israel recieves certain aid from us but didn't thought uit can be that big.
again sorry for wrong information

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
There is rule in economics "There is no such thing as free lunch." U.S is not doing Israel, Egypt and even Pakistan favors out of love but because of its own foreign policy, political and security interests. Israel getting sweeter then others treatment is another story.

Warwiz

It always came across to me that Israel and the Arab nations, are testing grounds for our weapons, and the Russians, just to see how good they work or don’t work. Then when they go to war, if one weapons stands out as a great success, then we can make billions by selling them overseas……….F-15s anyone?