Indian Bombers??

XEROX

Is there any program to develop a Stealthy fly-by-wire tactical bomber for the IAF?

From what I assumed they were going to have a dedicated TU-series aircraft on lease from Russia, but that deal apparently fell through

Maybe in a decade or so we can have a "derivative" from the MCA project as a tactical bomber

lalith prasad

Banned Member
the avatar hyperplane is being developed by drdo for nuke bombing it will be of mig29 size with a speed of m7.5 to m10 and 3 ton load.the current plan to acquire 4 tu22m3 backfire bombers to be acquired by the navy have been temporarily put on hold to acquire il38s and upgrade tu142s.

yasin_khan

lalith prasad
plz give some link about the avatar hyper plane?
and
also tell us the specifications?
m 7.5 to m 10????????? :? :? :? :?

dabrownguy

yasin_khan said:
lalith prasad
plz give some link about the avatar hyper plane?
and
also tell us the specifications?
m 7.5 to m 10????????? :? :? :? :?
This could happen...in 40 years.

lalith prasad

Banned Member
the propulsion system has been successfully tested this .the wind tunnel tests have been completed .the scaled prototype tests will take place in 2006 followed by the drdo variant which will be the size of mig25 and is meant for defence applications this will be followed by the one for space applications.the link is protonriver.com
the article is titled avatar there are pics of the avatar on the site.realistically i think the smaller one will be ready by 2015-2020

XEROX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
For a dedicated bomber, the size of the MiG25 sounds a slightly small??

XEROX

Dont laugh now :idea:

May be a "scaled down version" of B-2,

Primeraly for the needs of the IAF in "2 decades" or so

*Attributes being - stealth, Coventional or UnConventional Weapons, Larger Payloads, maybe Hypersonic speed

(but saying that its impossible to bond stealth with hypersonic speed, so we can take either stealth or hypersonic speed)

XEROX

"scaled down" meaning it must be fairly priced to build and tacticaly viable

santpaul

but there is also going to be varient for defence purposes!!
with all due recpect MR.BrahMos there aren't any plans to produe a varient of AVATAR for defence purposes.However we can learn a lot on how built a bomber from AVATAR.

[Admin Edit: Please DO NOT disable BBcodes when posting a message!]

brahmos

right now IAF doesn't have any bombers in it's fleet. I think IAF should have at least 1 squadron of Bombers. I am talking about one like B-52 not a fighter bomber.

pezfez

b52 class, that's not gonna happen

and u can't just say it has fly-by-wire and stealth b/c u want it to have it. links and sources needed instead of wishful thinking