Imaginary Hindenburg Airborne Missile Frigate

12qwaszx

Stratospheric airship combat application

Sir,would You please take a little glance?

These is NOT a commercial advertisement for any specific brand of airship,aerostat,aeroscraft,radar,missile or anything else.

Any realistic object mentioned in this post could be searhed and confirmed by Goole,Yahoo,or other search engine.I could offer their links if this forum administrator allows.

I have a second thought about airship's combat application.
So i change the original post.
I don't mean to play any joke to anyone on this serious forum at all.
I am sorry if You feel like joked.

The orginal title was"Imaginary Hindenburg Airborne Missile Frigate".But hence rigid airship is no longer product by any manufacturer,there is no reason to imagine about LZ129 Hindenburg anymore.

Possible stratospheric airship Characteristic:
1.Single unit cost less than a single jet fighter
2.Station at 22 km altitude for 1 year yet lose 1% buoyancy
3.Detect stealth unit even like B-2 or F-22.
Detection range by Range km α 4√(RCS m'2)
Set standard RCS=5m'2,Range=800km
B-2 RCS=0.1m'2,Range=301km
F-22 RCS=0.01m'2,Range=170km
4.Provide direct,instant, accurate guidance form missile.
Use mirror to relay and refocus Laser of
Evolutionary Air and Space Global Laser Engagement
5.Instant battlefield search & track for:
Ground target,528km to radio horizon
Air target ,800km to same stratospheric altitude

General Characteristic
This tactic will be based on any semi-rigid airship large enough to inflate its outer ballonet 15 times larger than original size at sea-level altitude.A full scale size design of Lockheed Martin is 1175 feet long, 325 feet wide and 211 feet high.Under standard conditions ,0°C, 1 atm, air has a density of 1.28 kg/m'3.helium density at 0.18 kg/m'3,hydrogen has a density of 0.09 kg/m'3.
Air density reduce to half every 5.5km higher.Thus density of 11km is 0.32kg/m'3,22km is 0.08kg/m'3.So that stratospheric airship with about 2.26 million m'3 volume generate 180.8t buoyancy at 22km stratospheric altitude.
To make it easier,stratospheric airship should be smaller and add a outer ballonet to inflate sum volume,and a internal ballonet to adjust helium distribution.Thus stratospheric airship could be smaller on ground to handle and maintenance.Normal airship buoyancy distribution and structure stabilty,about 37% buoyancy is for empty weight.14% buoyancy is for helium.The rest 49% is for equipment.Thus is 88.6t free distribution of stratospheric airship.
Fraunhofer Gesellschaft's (GaIn)(NAs) solar energy panels could power it with 3000 m'2 area,max power output 1000kw at solar constant 1kw/m'2 condition.
stratospheric airship could use cell to save additional energy for night operation.The power request of NITEL JSC's NEBO 55G6-1 3-D VHF Band Radar is 400kw.Additional 600kw energy is for engine and night cell.

Detection range
The detection range of NITEL JSC's NEBO 55G6-1 3-D VHF Band Radar is set to 800km for Fighter Type target,about RCS 5m'2.Use fuction Range km α 4√(RCS m'2).
F-22 and B-2 have minimal Radar Cross Section at bandwidth 200MHz-29GHz.
Wavelength shorter or longer than it, for Radar Absorption Material's efficiency
,RCS would increase tens to hundreds times larger than favor bandwidth 200MHz-29GHz.VHF-band is longer than favor Wavelength.Therefore F-22's minimal RCS 0.001m'2 is assumed to be 0.01m'2 in non-favored VHF-Band Wavelength.Same to B-2.Thus,

Detection range by Range km α 4√(RCS m'2)
Set standard RCS=5m'2,Range=800km
B-2 RCS=0.1m'2,Range=301km
F-22 RCS=0.01m'2,Range=170km
By Line of Sight Formula
Range km = 4√(12.7 x altitude m).
stratospheric airship's line-of-sight horizon distance is 528km.About 800km maxium detection range for fighter.

Missile Guidance
By Line of Sight Formula above,the deteciton range differs from target altitude.
Aircraft lower than 500m is invisible at 65km range.Then 10000m-250km and 27000m-330 km.Stratospheric airship's radio horizon is 528km away.Thus any missile could receive proper guidance from stratospheric airship all on its trip.

Evolutionary Air and Space Global Laser Engagement
This project in still under official research.

Self Defense
Choose some below:
AN/ALQ-212 Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures
AN/AAR-57 Common Missile Warning System
AN/AAQ-24 Directed IR Countermeasures NEMESIS system
AN/ALQ-204 Matador Infrared Countermeasure
AN/ALQ-165 Airborne Self Protection Jammer
AN/ALQ-211 SIRFC
AN/USQ-113
AN/USM-641
RR-144A/AL Chaff
MJU-7A/B Infrared Decoy Flare
MJU-53/B Infrared Decoy Flare
Or use some decoy aerostat as a massive chaff completely block incoming missile's sight to stratospheric airship.Aerostat is often cheaper than any known long range missile.Thus its sacrifice would be worthwhile.

Last edited:

Marc Aurel

Were u inspired by a certain new ww2/fantasy PC-game? :)

It is a really interesting thing, no doubt about that.

Trouble with this baby is its enourmous size and low manouverability/low speed. U wont surprise anyone with it, so it could only be used if the enemy already knows that ur forces are there anyway.

It will be detected soon and attract any missile and gun in the region.

On the other hand, it could land on the ground anywhere and act as a mobile weapon control center/radar/missile- site. Equipping it with an enourmously sofisticated ECM-suite is absolutely necessary.

Its biggest enemy would be a stealth fighter, sneaking in and landing a bomb on it. I don´t think it could stand to a 250kg explosive device. U could also build a kind of mine against it, which shots a missile if the ship is just above, with no time to react.

The only way to test its real combat value would be to build one, develope specific tactics for it, and use it in combat. But such a big one fits hardly into the thinking of modern generals, which rely on speed, stealth, suprise and manouverabilty.

12qwaszx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you, Sir. For reading my sentences.

I think the Hindenburg would be a major SUPPORTIVE role.But it will NEVER be the major role.It will NEVER match F-22,F-35,B-2,F-117.You won't order the Hindenburg float 68 minutes to bomb 1 target which F-22 can reach in 5 minutes.

Hindenburg is nothing at speed, stealth, suprise and manouverabilty.
You may call it a snail.It is so slow,maxium 135km/hr.While F-22 has cruise speed of 1836km/hr.
Hindenburg is a snail,while F-22 might be a leopard.

F-22 can destroy everything before being detected.The Hindenburg would be detected before it destroy anything.

But,its just hovering there,not asking any more fuel .If everying is lucky,it might hover there for 1-2 month without landing for supply.You may order it to anywhere,its power will be supplied by its 295kw SolarE panels.

If 1 F-22 is encountering engine problem,a Hindenburg can help to transport the F-22 to repair factory.By its 112t payload.1 F-22 weights 28t.

However,it is not that expensive.At least by my estimate.The cost of all basic material as i suggest,60 million for 1 Hindenburg.37.5% of the F-22's 160 million.Same as 1 F-35.

If you command the Hindenburg to do its best job,such as armed transport or area armed wather,it may not get destroyed that fast.

I guess the Hindenburg might still defeat Russia Su-33,Mig-29,China J-7,J-8,J-10 easily.The 'defeat easily' means,American Air Force lost 1 Hindenburg with 4-8 Su-33 destroyed.1 Su-33 worth 35 million,4 Su worth 140 million.More expensive than 1 Hindenburg.

Because Su-33,Mig-29,J-7,J-8,J-10 are no stealthy.AN/APG-71 and AIM-54 will stand some chance.

Of course,it will not stand 1 250kg bomb directly hit on the back.

It is all up to your right to command this.

If you order 1 Hindenburg as a watcher at Iraq sky.

As i know,the kevlar armor which may install in the front section of the main blimp hull is 2mm thick,with equivalent effect as 8-10mm iron plate.

For example,3 Mig-29 come to destroy the Hindenburg ,they may lauch up to 18 R-77 air-to-air missiles,each Mig carry 6.Because the Hindenburg has a massive radar cross section,so their R-77 missile could absolutely lock on it.From 90km away.

Now,launch about 200-400 set chaff,form a cloud in the direction which the R-77s coming from.The chaff might form a cloud with larger rcs than the the Hindenburg.The Hindenburg is hovering over there,as a paused object,Mig's Phazotron RLPK-29 Doppler radar might not be able to tell the difference between the chaff and the Hindenburg,both has the relative speed 0km/hr in Mig's and R-77's sight.And the 4 SSHCL will focus on the R-77.

In the best chance,R-77's might detonate before they enter their deadly radius.The R-77 fragments hit on the kevlar and penetrate it.However,it is not a direct impact.The Hindenburg is injured ,lost about 20-40 secondary helium gas room.But it is not sunk yet.If this Hindenburg is not full-loaded,40 rooms is 63.5t lift force of the sum 254t.It maight hold on few minutes more before it crash.

Now,the Hindenburg retaliate.Launch 3 Sky-Bow-2 at each Mig-29 before they retreat and ran out of the Hindenburg's range.Sky-Bow-2 is long range surface-ti-air,with 200km range.This 3 Mig-29 might be destroyed on spot or heavliy injured.

For now,the Hindenburg has to perform emergency landing somewhere for repair,if it is lucky,it might be able to fight again.

But the Migs might not be lucky,2 might be destroyed,1 injured, with 1 Klimov RD-33 turbofan engine damaged.When its landing in its airfield,it might fail,crash and detonate.

1 Mig-29 worth 20 million,1 Hindenburg woth 60 million.Now the round draw
.3 Migs ,60 million to 1 Hindenburg,60 million.But this Hindenburg might ba able to try again,but the Mig-29s couldn't.

In some aspect,American Air Force has won this round.

The Mig-29 might use R-73 missiles.But once the Hindenburg shut off its engine,it is a very very cool target,compared with a 600'c-1000'c RD-33 engine.Its IR signature might be coverd by the flares.So would be the SA-Igla,which tracks target by IR signature.And the Hindenburg can hover at 7km,2km more than the Igla's 5km range.

The beyond is just my assumption.I never engage 1 Mig-29,nor operate 1 Hindenburg .If this assumption is wrong,Please criticize me.I will apology.

Last edited:

old faithful

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
its an interesting idea, maybe add some thing like wedgetails radar....allways thought that arming AWAC,s with something like Phoenix had some merit...

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
The problem is the low speed.

Because of its payload and loiter time it would be great at performing for example the missions currently done by B-1Bs, B-52s and Fighters in A-stan.

But as said before it is too slow for this.
The good payload and loiter time doesn't help you when you are often enough too late for bringing the JDAMs were the troops need them.

12qwaszx

By your command,
The Hindenburg may install 3 AN/APG-71 radar.1 at 0' direction.1 at 120' direction.1 at 240' direction.Thus 1 360' scan area is complete.Total cost 24-30 million,weight 3-10t.The Hindenburg may now serve you as AWACS.With 32 Tian-Gong-2/Sky-Bow-2 surface-to-air missile.

By your command,
The Hindenburg can use Taiwan Tian-Gong-2/Sky-Bow-2 surface-to-air missile.Range 200km,weight 1135kg,speed 4.3M.It is Semi-active radar-homing missile.It's original with ADAR-HP radar,similar copy to SPY-1.However,Taiwan Tian-Jian-2/Sky-Sword-2 air-to-air missile,used by Taiwan home-made IDF fighters,is modified into surface-to-air missile .If adjust software compatibility,Tian-Gong-2 might be guided by AN/APG-71 radar.1 Tian-Gong-2 cost 1.25 million dollars,450% of the AIM-120 missile.
Tian-Gong-2 with AN/APG-71,can fire at 1 Mig-29 from 200km away.Before Mig-29 reach 90km for R-77 with 1M speed,Tian-Gong-2 already hit the Mig-29.The Hindenburg may now serve you as armed AWACS,with less requirement on its 135km/hr speed.

By your command,
The Hindenburg may install 2-4 Lawrence Livermore's 100kw solid state heat capacity laser.It is used on Katyusha,it may help to detonate R-77 before they enter deadly radius.Let kevlar armor take the R-77 fragments instead a deadly R-77 direct hit.
Each SSHCL may weights 6-8t,cost 2-3 million dollars.The Hindenburg's SolarE supply 295kw for the SSHCL power.

With your instruction,
The JDAM get basic kinetic energy from 1 500-1000km/hr F-16,F-18.The Hindenburg give poor 135km/hr basic kinetic energy to JDAM.F-16,F-18 'throw' the JDAM to few miles away. The Hindenburg can only 'drop' JDAM downward.

By your command,
The Hindenburg may install 9K58 300mm rocket set.9K58 300mm range 70km,dynamic error
0.23%,161m at 70km range.12 9K58 300mm weight 20-23t.The Hindenburg may carry 24 9K58.Because 161m is a big error,and The Hindenburg can't manage JDAM target process from 70km away,you may order your Trooper to retreat form the 161m diameter.
Because 300mm rocket has less recoil force than 300mm cannon,the Hindenburg can fire them in the sky.

Also,you may wish to add JDAM component and capability on 9K58 300mm.Use semi-active laser homing.Give your Trooper the target laser.Target the impact area/building,wait for the JDAM 9K58 to hit on the area/building.

If you think 9K58 300mm is to devasative,s-8 80mm,s-13 130mm,s-24 240mm rocket will be awaiting your order.If you want them work as JDAM rockets.

The 4 T82F 20mm machine cannon installed on the Hindenburg can strafe ground target from 7km hight.If you do not mind the dynamic error of 20mm at 7km.Total 9600rpm 20mm.Because T82F might fire just directly downward.20mm won't be slow down that much,as the Gravity Force helping.

windscorpion

The problem about Zeppelins and other airships of it's type are the inherant flaws in the concept. They were simply too vulnerable to the elements never mind enemy aircraft. I recommend the Osprey book on the Zeppelins, it discusses some of the problems with operating the type.

12qwaszx

Yes, Sir.

As You said,Sir.

Indeed,the Hindenburg has inherent flaw in the concept.
But,perhaps You may not look at the Hindenburg as a aircraft,airplane,fighter,bomber.Look at it as a float vessel,hover boat,fly vehicle, flutter car.With far more large size than vessel,boat,vehicle,car.
Although it is almost as big as the Titanic.But it can move from land to sea in the sky.It do not need any airfield or harbor,not even a oil/gas station.

To increase Hindenburg's survivability.

1.Parachute & SRS airbag
Russia BMD-4 and China ZBD2000 are paratroopers' airborne infantry fighting vehicle,with 14 Parachute,they can jump from an aircraft.
Then,install the Parachute on the Hindenbur,260 Parachute can sustain a slighter crash.A Hindenbur length 245 m,diameter 41m.260 Parachute can be separate and install on the bone of main blimp hull.Each Parachute cost about 600 dollars,total
150 thousand dollars.

Like in car,install backup balloon,as SRS Supplement Restraint System Airbag,on the Hindenbur.When the main blimp hull is destroyed,lost 254t lift force,the Hindenbur begin to crash.

Deploy the 250 Parachute,Inflate the SRS airbag,when it crash on the ground,impact force might be separated.If lucky,everyone may survive.Now you may order them to evacuate.

Such less devastative emergency landing may occur ONLY when the Parachute and SRS airbag are not destroyed.

2.Stealth main blimp hull
PUE-2R ,Polyurethane Elastomer ,EM wave shielding & absorption. It can reduce the radar cross section of the Hindenburg a little bit.Use acclivitous Carbon Graphite
hull on the blimp hull.With PUE-2R over it.As the idea of F-117,Lafayette.The Lafayette has weight 3700t.But its radar cross section is just as a 500t ship.
Thus reduce the Hindenburg's rcs more little bit.As the F-22's rcs is 1/80 of F-15.

I guess Hindenburg's 1320m'2 rcs can be reduced to 179m'2,if modified as Lafayette.
Perhaps 17m'2,if modified as F-22.But this is far more difficult than Lafayette's way.I don't think 1/80 rcs is possible for the Hindenburg.

3.camouflage clothing
Although as large as Titanic. Hindenburg is a pretty cool target.With less IR signature.If some camouflage,such has real straw, grass,tree branch,are mixed on the hull,order it to land in a mountain area.With mountains higher and larget than the
Hindenburg.Enemy Su-34 flying over may consider it as a part of the mountain from 20km-30km away.While Tian-Gong-2 surface-to-air missile range 200km.

Of course,the Hindenburg can't do this in a very plain field.

4.Kevlar helium gas room.
Seperate 254t helium lift force into 160 secondary gas room is safer than in 16 gas room.If necessary,use kevlar as the basic room hull.100t kevlar cost 3.52 million dollars.Cheaper than 1 T-80 tank.It will be far more safer than normal fiber.
If the Hindenburg injured,it is safer to lose 1.6t lift force than 16t.

I think MV-22 Osprey is not like the Hindenburg.MV-22 Osprey is very,very risky when changing its engine to different direction.Especially when take off or landing.
If anything wrong,this Osprey would be gone.But the Hindenburg is not that risky at VTOL process.If unfull, the Hindenburg can automatically float up,instead automatically crash like the Osprey.

The beyond is just my assumption.If this assumption is wrong,Please criticize me.I will apology

windscorpion

A large Zeppelin like airship constructed using modern construction techniques and materials would be interesting, its possible one of the major flaws : the fragility of the superstructure could be conquered this way though at the end of the day its still a very slow moving bag of gas.

harryriedl

Verified Defense Pro
remides me of a kind a air battleship. a Burk at 5000 ft with lots of expencive wizz bangs some guns wouldn't be bad for the desine

Zzims

Take a couple of Hindeburgs, slap them together and make an aircraft carrier of the sky. that would awesome to see eh?

12qwaszx

Yes, Sir.

Indeed the Hindenburg will be just a slow moving bag of gas forever.And a snail forever.But,You might find this loyal snail can complete more mission and win more success before it sunk.More useful and beneficial than 1 normal snail on 1 leaf ,or 1 normal balloon in 1 little girl's hand.

With your permission.
To better the fragility of the superstructure ,
Hyper Carbon,High Modulus Graphite,Titanium main structure.
Each material cost 65d/lb,42d/lb,3d/lb.Hyper Carbon is 4 times stronger than Ti,with 21 times more price.However,this material are all better than Aluminum main structure.100t cost 0.66 million,while 100t Hyper Carbon cost 14 million.Less than 1 Mig-29 20 million.
Bring down 1 Mig-29 will make this 14 million worh.

The success and victory of the Hindenburg might have more value than the Hindenburg itself.Thus its sacrifice would be much worthwhile.
For example, 1 3-AN/APG-71 AWACS Hindenburg can fire up to 32 Sky-Bow-2 missile.It is estimated by Sky-Bow-2's manufactory that 2 Sky-Bow-2 could ensure 1 crash.That is 16 Mig-29,worth 320 million.Compared to the Hindenburg 60 million itself.

As Your suggest,
1 Hindenburg can load up to 112t cargo.The 40t weapon list is because I add 60t more tool and armor on it.2 Hindenburg can load 224t cargo.Because its not strong and large enough,I can't set a runway on its back.A big 'yard' fixed on its abdomen might be able to 'grip' 4-8 VTOL fighter like AV-8 or F-35.Use clam and clasp to hold this fighters and release them for VTOL.
If the F-35 perform VTOL fron the Hindenburg's back top,the jet engine flow would smash and break the blimp main structure,cause the blimp become 'brokeback',
even it is made by Hyper Carbon.

Last edited:

Zzims

There's a Airship named Project ISIS. Not sure if its true or not. USAF uses a airship design to function as a Long term Radar Station. Any defense analysis shed light on this?

rickshaw

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Airships would be best deployed today for moving air freight. They have been designed with capacities of up to 1500 tons of payload. While slower than conventional aircraft, they are faster than surface transport, therefore they could compete very well with surface ships for small to medium cargo loads. In the military context their advantage is that like an aircraft they can go anywhere but unlike aircraft their infrastructure requirements are minimal and they are essentially VTOL.

Someone mentioned vulnerability to weather and attempted to use the WWI Zeppelins as examples. However the WWI airships were underpowered. Modern ones, utilising moder, lightweight turboprop engines would not. They would also have the advantage of modern meteorology and weather forecasting, thereby being able to avoid the worst storms/fronts.

Other areas where their ability to loiter for extended periods would be useful would be as survellience and AEW platforms.

windscorpion

I can see a possible role in AEW or Elint but i don't think armoured battlecruiser airships are a go-er.

Is ISIS the solar-powered drone airship for AEW / Elint? I saw that project idea once in one of those "future warplanes" books and it seemed a good idea.

rjmaz1

The US has already thought of this idea as a heavy airlifter much bigger than any previous blimp.

Basically a blimp that can carry 1000 tonnes of cargo.

The idea was cancelled as an airlifting as the blimp would take 10 days to reach the middle east and back from the USA. C-5 Galaxy could do 6 trips in the same amount of time.

Some say the blimp would be able to land closer to the front lines. Im afraid this will not be used as it would easily get shot down. Enough small arms fire has the potential to severely damage this blimp. If its full of cargo then could be very bad.

If you remember the video of Baghdad when the bombs went off the sky was absolutely filled with AAA fire. These guns can reach many kilometres into the air. They would rip to shreds any blimp no matter how much kevlar you add.

Adding an AWAC capabilities to the aircraft will instantly bump the price up naother 100 million. For a total price probably more than the F-22.

The biggest potential i see is a UCAV aircraft carrier. A massive blimp that can carry 10 UCAV strike aircraft and a few survalence UCAV's... The UCAV's can then be launched, retreaved and refueled from the blimp automatically.

One missile hit could destroy the blimp. One bomb hits a Aircraft carrier in the water, it can probably still perform.

Remember a blimp only travels two or three times the speed of a ship in the water. So may as well just use an aircraft carrier and carry 10 times as many aircraft.

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Maybe we think to big.
I could imagine that a small recon drone could be made of it. It could loiter over the battlefield for a really long time and with the right material it might be very hard to detect.

12qwaszx

Sorry, Sir.

The Hindenburg is just a frigate.Not that great and strong as battlecruiser airships.It's not a fly Bismarck or float Yamato.I will look at it as a all-terrain mibile missile-bomb site. The Hindenburg is not intolerably expensive,basic component 60million,after fully processed and finished,perhaps 80-90million.1 Japan F-2 cost 85million and 1 Atago class cost 1.3 billion.1 F-22 160million.

I am sorry,but i don't think 1 F-2 can sunk 1 Hindenburg,with 4 SSHCL or 4 T82F on the blimp hull.No matter the F-2 use air-to-air or air-to-ship weapon.And the F-1 can't run away from Sky-Bow-2 with AN/APG-71.Form this aspect,the Hindenburg deserve a deuce.Hindenburg 90 million and F-2 85 million.

By your instruction.
The Baghdad's AA fire,as i guess,has different caliber, range and height.Ground based 20-40mm caliber may reach 3.7-4.8km height, such as AK-306 30mm or AK-630 30mm.And the AK-130 130mm caliber can reach 12km height.Form the vedio in night assault,i guess those AA gun are small caliber,so they could fire so rapidly to fill the sky.The Hindenburg may use JDAM S-8,S-13,S-24 rocket destroy the larger caliber cannon,such as AK-176 76.2mm or AK-100 100mm caliber,which can reach the Hindenburg.And the small 20-40mm caliber can't reach 7.6km.

The 2mm kevlar installed is just for pistol-ammo-class fragment.Used to hold the fragment of missile detonated by T82F and SSHCL beyond deadly radius,at least 100m-200m away.If it has to hold 20mm or 130mm,185mm-320mm composite armor is necessary.But such armor is on M1A1 ,Challenger II,or Leopard II,too heavy for the Hindenburg .I won't ask it enter the fire net of 20mm-130mm in their range.Definitely, with so much 20mm-130mm direct hit,the Hindenburg would be completely discomposed in few second.

The AN/APG-71 of F-14 is much cheaper than AN/APY-2 of E-3.So i install 3 AN/APG-71 rather than 1 AN/APY-2.1 AN/APG-71 10 million to 1 AN/APY-2 150-200 million.

Permission for question, Sir.
May i ask for Your estimation?
To sunk 1 Hindenburg, how many Su-27 and Mig-29 might sacrificed by AN/APG-71 and SKy-Bow-2?I guess 16.If they use air-to-air R-77,R-73,R-27 to sunk the Hindenburg.

May i ask for Your estimation?

12qwaszx

i have another sketch,based on Aeros company's Aeroscraft Aeros-D4/D8 walrus.
its detail is guessed because Aeros-D4/D8 walrus is not manufactured yet.i guess its detail by its relative aeroscraft Aeros-ML,which already truly exists.

*i am NOT posting a commercial advertisement for Aeros company.As the Hindenburg is NOT a commercial advertisement for Zeppelin company.

Aeroscraft Aeros-D4/D8 walrus
Length:guessed 316.7m
Width:guessed 138.4m
Height:guessed 73.1m
Gas type: Helium
Gas capacity: guessed 1.5 million meter'3
Gas room:guessed 1500
Power plant: guessed 8x1638kw TVD-TV3-117B
Max speed: 280km/hr
Price: not claimed yet
Service ceiling:7.6km
Basical buoyancy:guessed 1911t
Empty weight:guessed 504t
Helium weight:guessed 254t
Payload: guessed 907t
Maxium payload:guessed 1153t
Reserved buoyancy:guessed 246t

Defensive fiber:kevlar 3mm at the front 1/3 blimp hull.1mm at the middle and rear blimp hull.Totally might weight 280t.Cost about 9.8 million dollars.

Energy supply:11625m'2.output 1.96 megawatt.'SolarE' solar energy panel.Totally might weight 87t.Cost about 21.6 million dollars.

Radar:NEBO-SV 1L13-3 VHF band radar.claimed to detect a fighter at 27km height from 330km away.i guess it can detect 1 f-117 at 66km away and 1 f-22a at 51.6km away.If that claimed 'fighter' is 1 f-16 with radar cross section 2.5 meter'2.And i heard f-117 rcs 0.1m'2.f-22 rcs 0.06m'2.Each 1L13 might weight 48t.

Self defense weapon system:
48 T82F dual 20mm cannon.1200 rpm of single barrel.2400rpm of a dual turret.1625kg per turret.totally weight 78t.
18 Lawrence Livermore's 800kw sshcl solid state heat capacity laser.the output of sshcl prototype is 100kw,maybe enlarge its size by 2 times for 8 times heat capacity .totally might weight 144t.

American aircraft system example:
AN/ALE-55 Fiber Optic Towed Decoy
AN/ALQ-212 Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures
AN/AAR-57 Common Missile Warning System
AN/AAQ-24 Directed IR Countermeasures NEMESIS system
AN/ALQ-204 Matador Infrared Countermeasure
AN/ALQ-165 Airborne Self Protection Jammer
RR-144A/AL Chaff
MJU-7A/B Infrared Decoy Flare
MJU-53/B Infrared Decoy Flare
i don't how many sould be arranged on 1 walrus.There is too much types in American arsenal.

Weapon list example.Totally might weight 270t.

Anti-air purpose
SkyBow-2 1135kg X200 =227t
Skysword-2 180kg X240=36t
Aim-9x 80kg X100=8t

Anti-ship purpose
agm-88 harm 360kg X200=72t
agm-84 harpoon 670kg X290=195t

Anti-submarine purpose
AN/ARR-78-V sonar sensor 300kgX384=115t
Mk56 torpedo:0.91tX170=155t

Air-to-ground purpose
agm-65 maverick 220kg X240=53t