How would PAF deal with the possible threat from indian Su-30mki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenEagle

What options do we have against indian Su-30mki. How would india use it against pakistan in an act of war or reconisance? If its used as a bomber how do we deal with it? If it is used as a point area strike aircraft, how do we deal with such a threat? Could it be hit with a SAM ?

Only technical and calculated reviews?

GE
:smokingc:

azafeer

the su-30 is mainly a high altitude bomber with configurations to make it a reconisance aircraft. it uses laser guided missiles to strike its target. i feel that pakistan does not need to worry about its bomber and reconisance threat. air defence is equipped with swedish made aircraft destroyers which can reach the altitude these planes fly at. moreover a moajor modification is going to be done on anza II, giving it a bigger and wider specs with better air defence capabilitties. the only threat to pakistan is the mig-27 foxhound( if i am right about the name) , becuase this plane flies at very high altitude, vary hard for air defence to stop it.

ullu

PAf would have to buy some nice jets to deal with those. Its F-16s won't do the job. I think PAF will opt for Eurofighter and I hope they do. Its a great and sexy looking plane!

Winter

azafeer: I think Foxhound is actually a designated MiG-31 and the MiG-27 is a 'Flogger.' It is confusing isn't it? I concur anyway, as the MiG-27 is more than a match for the J-7.

umair

Peace Enforcer
Winter said:
azafeer: I think Foxhound is actually a designated MiG-31 and the MiG-27 is a 'Flogger.' It is confusing isn't it? I concur anyway, as t
the MiG-27 is more than a match for the J-7.
Actually,the Mig-27 Flogger is a tactical strike close support fighter with a very secondary air-air role.The F-7 would be more than it's match ina dogfight.

Winter

Yes, you're quite right.

I was thinking more in terms of ranged combat but perhaps there too...

ray.cost

Pakistan has no means to stop the Indian su-30 Force supported by the mig-29 and the french Mirage-2000. The pakistani, mostly chinese made fighters are no serious threat for the state of the art indian fighter force. One must see the whole picture, one weapon sistem for its own does not say about the efectivness of a force. The su-30 is the mainstay of the fighter/bomer force, its role is to penetrate deep into the pakistani/chinese air space ant to destroy strategic tarets as command posts, airfields or stategic missile lanchers.

GoldenEagle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
azafeer said:
the su-30 is mainly a high altitude bomber with configurations to make it a reconisance aircraft. it uses laser guided missiles to strike its target. i feel that pakistan does not need to worry about its bomber and reconisance threat. air defence is equipped with swedish made aircraft destroyers which can reach the altitude these planes fly at. moreover a moajor modification is going to be done on anza II, giving it a bigger and wider specs with better air defence capabilitties. the only threat to pakistan is the mig-27 foxhound( if i am right about the name) , becuase this plane flies at very high altitude, vary hard for air defence to stop it.
Why pak should not worry about its bomber/reconnisance capability? It would take out your major installations in minutes. How would anza hit a bomber flying at 22000-30000 ft?

& nobody has elaborated on its strike fighter capability?Its a very capable strike aircraft aswell esp. with its BVR R-77's? Compare a scenarion with our F-16's and F-7's pitted against the Su-30's where BVR capability has been succesfully evaded on both side and aircrafts are in close range of each other.

GoldenEagle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Winter said:
azafeer: I think Foxhound is actually a designated MiG-31 and the MiG-27 is a 'Flogger.' It is confusing isn't it? I concur anyway, as the MiG-27 is more than a match for the J-7.
Mig-27 is more than a match for F-7. Does anyone have specs for mig-25 and mig-27?

The Watcher

Here you are:

MiG-25:

Crew One
Role intercepter /reconnaissance

Length 70 ft (21.34 m)
Span 41 ft (12.6 m)
Ceiling 24400 meters
Cruise range 1560 nm
In-Flight Refueling No
Internal Fuel 14200 kg
Payload
Sensors Foxfire radar

WEAPONS

The aircraft is armed with four R-40 (Nato codename AA-6 Acrid) air-to-air missiles equipped with infrared and radar homing heads. The range of these missiles is 2-60km. The missiles are suspended from four underwing pylons. It may also be fitted with two R-40 and four R-60 (AA-8 Aphid), or two R-23 (AA-Apex) and four R-73 (AA-11 Archer). The MiG-25 is not fitted with a gun.

AVIONICS

The MiG-25P is fitted with electronic equipment including: Smerch-A2 radar sight (Nato codename Fox Fire), developed by the Phazotron Research and Production Company; Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) transponder; aircraft responder to maintain communications with guidance and landing radars operating in active radio-location mode; and radar warning receiver. The flight control and navigation equipment includes ARK-10 automatic radio compass, RV-4 radio altimeter and Polyot-11 navigation-landing system. The Polyot-11 navigation and landing system, coupled with ground radio beacon and landing radio beacons, provides programmed aircraft manoeuvres including climb, en-route flight, returns to the take-off aerodrome or to one of the three emergency airfields, and low-run landing approach and missed approach manoeuvres.

MiG-27

Crew One
Role
ground-attack fighter

Length 55 ft (16.6 m)
Span 46 ft, 9 in (14.26 m)
Ceiling 15240 meters
Cruise range 950 nm
In-Flight Refueling No
Internal Fuel 4600 kg
Payload 3500 kg
Sensors LRMTS, RWR, Advanced Bombsight
Drop Tanks 800 L drop tank with 639kg for 66nm range
Armament Cannon: GSh-6-N-30 30mm rotary
AS-12, AS-14, AA-8, ECN Pod, UV-32-57 rocket pod, AA-8 Aphid, FAB-500

AVIONICS

The MiG-27K is equipped with the PrNK-23K integrated navigation and aiming system, which consists of an Orbita-20-23K digital computer, an optical television indicator and a Kaira-1 laser and television sighting system for KAB-500L and KAB-500KR guided aerial bombs. The target lock-on range is 7-8km.

The KN-23 navigation system installed on the MiG-27K incorporates a Radical navigation system in place of the RSBN-6s short-range radio navigation system.

The MiG-27K does not carry any airborne radar.

The radio-command systems installed on the MiG-27K are the Delta-NM and the Viyuga anti-radar missile control system for the Kh-27PS missile, which is installed in an externally mounted pod.

Oqaab

I dont think PAF should go for EF-2000 Typhoon. French Airforce rejected this plane because of its weight and made Rafale to fulfil their needs. Rafale costs 50 million/unit whereas Typhoon costs 80 million. So I think Rafale is a better option for PAF.

Londo Molari

"How would PAF deal with the possible threat from indian Su-30mki?"

they cant.

basically they can create a minimum deterrant with the JF-17, if the SD-10 BVR missile becomes available.

In the future perhaps someone will wake up and consider the Rafale. that would be the ultimate choice.

Londo Molari

We don't know how capable the J-10 is.... on paper though, the Su-30MKI seems superior.

The Su-30MKI is certainly better than the Su-27(J-11).

In my opinion, the J-10 and J-11 can only provide minimum deterrance from the Su-30MKI, and the JF-17 can do that anyway, so we don't need J-10/J-11.

So the only thing Pakistan can do to effectively "counter" the Su-30MKIs is get Rafale's. But we'll see if we can afford them or not.

Other than the Rafale, all other aircraft in the class of Su-30MKI are blocked to Pakistan for political reasons. (eg: block-60 F-16s, Eurofighter, Su-30, Gripen)

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
Londo Molari said:
We don't know how capable the J-10 is.... on paper though, the Su-30MKI seems superior.

The Su-30MKI is certainly better than the Su-27(J-11).

In my opinion, the J-10 and J-11 can only provide minimum deterrance from the Su-30MKI, and the JF-17 can do that anyway, so we don't need J-10/J-11.

So the only thing Pakistan can do to effectively "counter" the Su-30MKIs is get Rafale's. But we'll see if we can afford them or not.

Other than the Rafale, all other aircraft in the class of Su-30MKI are blocked to Pakistan for political reasons. (eg: block-60 F-16s, Eurofighter, Su-30, Gripen)
The Rafale isnt worth it. Its 2 expensive and we can get aircraft equal 2 it in performance. The Gripen is not blocked and is still an option and thw J-10 is capable of dealing with the Su-30...unless u want 2 buy Su-30s from china. :)

Londo Molari

You don't know if J-10 is capable of dealing with Su-30MKI.

And the Gripen is blocked. PAF already asked, and the U.S. told Sweden not to sell, and they have out-right refused.

Rafale is our only choice. But yes, its very expensive.

Su_37

Well folks...................Their is no alternative for SU 30MKI , becasue what you see actually u don;t know , Indian's SU 30's next batch will be armed with TVC ( 3 dimensional ) thrust. only Plane is near to it is either F22 or JSF of USA which Pak can even dream it of buying...

Londo Molari

Su-30MKI is no-where near F-22 or F-35/JSF.

Its even inferior to Eurofighter and Rafale. Pakistan HAS the optin to buy Rafale.

The Su-30MKI is more on the level of F/A-18 E/F and Gripen.

If pakistan gets JF-17, and Rafales, it will have a solid defence.

As for TVC, thats becoming more and more irrelevent in modern air combat which is mostly beyond visual range. Now you need good missiles, good radar, and good counter measures/jamming.

lamdacore

AOA People,

There is no doubt that India's Su-30 would enter Pak air space and we can't stop it. Also, we know that other aircraft are expensive to buy "not within Pakistan's air defence budget".

So the best solution would be to take this monster out by destroying the place from where it flies..... :smokingc: Yeah!!

We need Planes that can cripple their air bases so that this aircraft can't take off or land. How? India will stop it? Well we have special operation missions from the military and the airforces can keep things for India busy for some time. Let the soldier do its job!! and the Pak soldier is cheap and powerful and also well trained. Also, India is next door and has a very similar culture and language to pakistan. What's the problem then.

Solve big Problems with Small Tools!!!!!!! :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.