Go Back   DefenceTalk Forum - Military & Defense Forums > Global Defense & Military > Air Force & Aviation

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

General Aviation Thread

This is a discussion on General Aviation Thread within the Air Force & Aviation forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; Originally Posted by John Fedup I saw this article as well. Hard to determine what the effects for Russia might ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old October 28th, 2017   #46
Defense Enthusiast
Chief Warrant Officer
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fedup View Post
I saw this article as well. Hard to determine what the effects for Russia might be or whether Indian objections are realistic given their bail out moves on other defence projects. They do have legitimate concerns regarding service and support on existing Russian aviation kit. As for stealth, I believe Russia has always maintained it wouldn't compromise kinematic performance for the PAK 50 FA in order to achieve maximum stealth.
More likely Russia deflecting due to it's inability to achieve the level of signature reduction found on the US 5Gen jets. Too bad the Indians apparently have different priorities.
colay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2017   #47
Defense Aficionado
Major General
Threads:
Insufficient minimization of emissions would be a concern if this was the issue. I guess there is the possibility that Russia wasn't willing to incorporate their best kit into the joint project is another reason for unacceptable emissions. In any event, dealing with Indian military procurement is as bad as dealing with Canada's PWGSC and DND.
John Fedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #48
General
Threads:
A group of guys have built a Yak 110 which is two Yak 55s joined together similar to the F-82 Twin Mustang. Quite impressive so far and they are planning to install a turbofan engine between the two Yak 55 fuselages.

Video: Yak 110 Full Story - Fat Tire Cowboys

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: