Go Back   DefenceTalk Forum - Military & Defense Forums > Global Defense & Military > Air Force & Aviation

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Flanker Export Thread

This is a discussion on Flanker Export Thread within the Air Force & Aviation forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; Originally Posted by Haavarla Thanks for the update. i think this is the status of Indonesia AF Flanker deal: B.t.w. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old October 18th, 2010   #31
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haavarla View Post
Thanks for the update.
i think this is the status of Indonesia AF Flanker deal:

B.t.w. who's in the Malaysian AF tender?

Thanks
The last 3 Su-27SKM are delivered last month. our goverment is planning to buy an additional 6 Sukhois.....
Sandhi Yudha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010   #32
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion82 View Post
India intends to order another 42 aircraft (2 meant as replacement for the crashed examples). Vietnam placed an order for 12 Su-30MK2V which was confirmed in February this year (makes in total 24 for the VAF).
Is there a difference between the Vietnamese Su-30MK2V and the chinese and Indonesian Su-30MK2?
Sandhi Yudha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010   #33
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tphuang View Post
are the Su-30M2 that RuAF getting basically the same as the ones they sold to China, Vietnam and Venezuela? Now, I know they should be getting the non-export versions, but are they basically the same configurations?
They should be trainers of some sort for the Su-27SMs. The exact configuration is a mystery.
Feanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010   #34
Lieutenant Colonel
Threads:
Why not trainers for the new Su-35S?
Is it completly new airframes or just overhauled airframes on those Su-30M2?
Haavarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010   #35
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
They're new airframes. The last 12 Su-27SM were also apparently new-builds. I think they were meant to keep the factory production lines busy while the new Su-35S was being prepped for a serial run. I think, I'm not sure, but I think a new Su-35U will be produced. The resource on the Su-27UB is particularly low, since they see much more flight time then the single-seater airframes.
Old October 18th, 2010   #36
Lieutenant Colonel
Threads:
Last 12 SM are new bulids..
Do you have any source on that one?

Back to the M2..
we know the Su-27UB have both complete mission systems suite and dual trainer stations.

Will it be the same on those Su-30M2?
Old October 18th, 2010   #37
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhi Yudha View Post
Is there a difference between the Vietnamese Su-30MK2V and the chinese and Indonesian Su-30MK2?
It's stated that the vietnamese aircraft have different radios and modified ejection seats. The rest appears to be similar.
Scorpion82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010   #38
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
I don't have a source expressely stating that they're new builds, but I do have reliable word on the street. Also all the sources I do have do not mention them as modernized planes, but simply as a contract for aircraft. Here's Sukhoi's official source.

Sukhoi Company (JSC) - News - News

Here's lenta.ru: Lenta.ru: Оружие: Завершились испытания первого серийного Су-30М2

For those of us with Russian, note the word поставки which means deliveries, and is typically used to refer to new equipment.

Here's another tidbit, it says: contracts were signed regarding the delivery of 64 fighter-jets"

Согласно документам, ВВС РФ получат 48 истребителей Су-35С, 12 - Су-27СМ и четыре - Су-30М2. Всего было подписано три государственных контракта, в соответствии с которыми ВВС получат истребители Су-35 в период до 2015 года включительно, Су-27СМ и Су-30М2 - в 2010-2011 годах.

Два новых Су-34 поступают на вооружение Липецкого авиацентра - Общество - Липецкие региональные новости Gorod48

It also makes quite a bit of sense. There were parts left on the factory from soviet times, for about ~20 aircraft. Last year the MoD said they would buy out all the factory stocks left over from Soviet times. Now we're getting newly built SMs.

I don't know about the trainer suites in the M2. To be honest nothing is expressedly clear on why they're being purchased in the first place. However they are two-seaters, there is no project for modernizing the Su-27UB, and the only role for two-seaters in the fighter fleet is as combat-trainers. Hence why they're supposed to be train
Old October 18th, 2010   #39
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
Aha. Found it.

Quote:
Надо отметить, что в случае Су-27СМ речь идет не о модернизации строевых машин, которая осуществляется в соответствии с трехлетним контрактом, действие которого заканчивается в этом году, а о достройке самолетов из задела Комсомольского-на-Амуре авиационного производственного объединения им. Ю.А. Гагарина. Всего у КнААПО имеется около двух десятков недостроенных Су-27.
ОАО «Корпорация Тактическое Ракетное Вооружение»

Quote:
We have to note, that in the case of Su-27SM we're talking not about modernization of in-service aircraft, which is being done in accordance with the three year contract, which ends this year, but of completion construction of aircraft from factory stock of KnAAPO. Altogether KnAAPO has around 20 un-completed Su-27
Old October 18th, 2010   #40
Lieutenant Colonel
Threads:
Thx o lot.
If they have spare airframes sitting in store it makes perfectly sense.
I wonder if they comes with the legacy outfit design like the huge airbrake located on the top of the airframe and what about radar and engines.
Probably Saylut MF1 engines, right?
Old October 18th, 2010   #41
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
AL-31FM-1 engines.
Old November 12th, 2010   #42
Lieutenant Colonel
Threads:
It looks like NAPO are in the prosess of turning four new Su-34 striker over to the RuAF fleet.
It should be done before the years end.

Lenta.ru: Оружие: ВВС России получат шесть бомбардировщиков Су-34 до конца года

Google translation:

Russian Air Force will receive six Sukhoi-34 bombers until the end of the year

Sukhoi to the end of 2010 the Russian Air Force will give the second installment of the Su-34, RIA Novosti reported. It is about six such aircraft. Currently bombers undergoing flight tests at the flight-test station of the Novosibirsk Aviation Production Association named after Chkalov. Previously reported that in the first game, transferred to the military in late 2009, there were two aircraft.
To date, the Russian Defense Ministry has ordered 32 Su-34, which produces the Novosibirsk Aviation Production Association named after Chkalov. From 2007 to 2009 the Russian Air Force received four ordered the bomber, including two aircraft, the military sent for tests for combat use. It is expected that by 2015 the Russian Defense Ministry to buy 70 Su-34 bombers.

In June 2010 it was reported that in 2011, will launch upgraded versions of the Su-34. In particular, the aircraft will receive new missiles, air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles and upgraded high-turbojet bypass engines AL-31FM1. In addition, the Su-34 is supposed to set the auxiliary gas turbine power plants TA14-130-35, which will run the engine bomber on the ground without the use of ground equipment. With this modification will increase the autonomy of the Su-34 and to expand the list of aerodromes their home.

Su-34 in the long term should form the basis for front-line bombers in Russia. These aircraft are capable of speeds up to 1,9 thousand kilometers per hour and fly at a distance of up to four thousand kilometers. Combat radius of Su-34 is 1,1 thousand kilometers. Bomber armed with a 30-millimeter cannon and has 12 points of suspension for suspension of arms weighing up to eight tons.
Old November 12th, 2010   #43
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
This should bring total numbers to ~12 aircraft. Airframes 01-05 were iirc handed over before this. I suspect we may have missed the handover of airframe 06, and these are 07-12 airframes, making the first squadron.
Old November 13th, 2010   #44
Lieutenant Colonel
Threads:
I'm not sure here..
But to me it sounds like the 'SIX' aircraft is the 04,05, which was delivered earlier and now it four more coming out aka 06,07,08,09.
The article is unclear..
Old November 13th, 2010   #45
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
Maybe. I thought 04 and 05 had already been handed over. The article claims 4 deliveries in the 07-09 time period. So at least a total of 10 aiframes. Additionally 04 and 05 were completed at practically the same time, which makes it highly unlikely that one of them was handed over and the other wasn't. Hence why I suspect the math in the article looks something like this: 2 in late '06, 4 in '07-'09, and 6 now. Remember these 6 have not yet been handed over. They're still due for factory testing. 04-05 was completed a long time ago.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: