Chinese WZ-10 a copy of the European Tiger?

norinco89

I saw numorous pictures of the new chinese attack coptor the WZ-10. Every time i see it i see the European Tiger attack helicoptor. The airframe look almost indenticle. Did the chinese receive or buy Tiger technology like it did for the J-10.

I will find links for the pic later.

tphuang

Super Moderator
norinco89 said:
I saw numorous pictures of the new chinese attack coptor the WZ-10. Every time i see it i see the European Tiger attack helicoptor. The airframe look almost indenticle. Did the chinese receive or buy Tiger technology like it did for the J-10.

I will find links for the pic later.
you can google it up, but China got assistance from Eurocopter, Agusta and P&W Canada for the WZ-10 project. The similarities to the tiger and A-129 are not surprising.

norinco89

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am really confused. Isnt there a ban on military stuff to china.

I know the ban expired recently but still.

Anyways can china now buy military goods?

tonbo

the WZ-10 isn't a copy, tho on initial inspection it looks to be a replica... there's sure still some kinks they need worked out before that thing goes fully active (it already is active??)
same for J-10 (it is not of Israeli descent, at least no longer)

the truth is, there was indeed a ban on sale of military goods to China, yes.
but the funny thing is, not everyone was for it, France, Germany, Israel... the rest is history... so anyways, the Chinese in China got around that by co-developing indigenous products with the various firms. now they have products that roll off of their own production lines in-country... thus not infringing on any bans or such...
all the bans and restrictions ever did was give them the impetus to gain self-sufficiency ... it does also mean that the next time anyone considers a ban, for them to consider its effects as well.
(opinions expressed are entirely mine own)

tphuang

Super Moderator
norinco89 said:
I am really confused. Isnt there a ban on military stuff to china.

I know the ban expired recently but still.

Anyways can china now buy military goods?
the consulting is done under the cover of the CMH project (which I think is just EC-175, I'm not sure). Someone who knows more can elaborate me on this. The engines are sold under the cover of civilian program. It's also due to the fact that AB139 uses the same engine I think? So, China just says that it's ordering for AB139, when it's really ordering it for WZ-10. As a result of this, it can get access to advanced+reliable American engine that is simply not available for its fighters.

norinco89

I remember i saw a pic of a J-11 with a ws-10a engine testing. IN the background was a WZ-10. Counld someone find that link?

could someone also find a picture of a tiger heli.

appreciated:cool:

norinco89

That news paper is real and the picture of Wz-10 in the background of the j-11b is real. It accaully a copy of that italian heli