Careers in aust airforce

jordanc92

Hi,

I'm really keen on beginning a career in the Australian Airforce. I've completed all my checks, paperwork and interviews and just have to select my 2 priority jobs in order to start basic training. The problem is, I really don't know what I'd like to do.
Can anyone suggest careers in the airforce that require the least amount of travel/time away from home? I think I'd like to a do a trade or a base security type role. Are there some jobs that you can be based at the airforce base and not have to be posted away a lot? I'm not interested in a direct combat role. I got a full sheet in the tests so am eligible for any job.

Please let me know your advice and thoughts.

Thanks, Jordan

BDRebel

Hi,

I'm really keen on beginning a career in the Australian Airforce. I've completed all my checks, paperwork and interviews and just have to select my 2 priority jobs in order to start basic training. The problem is, I really don't know what I'd like to do.
Can anyone suggest careers in the airforce that require the least amount of travel/time away from home? I think I'd like to a do a trade or a base security type role. Are there some jobs that you can be based at the airforce base and not have to be posted away a lot? I'm not interested in a direct combat role. I got a full sheet in the tests so am eligible for any job.

Please let me know your advice and thoughts.

Thanks, Jordan
Hey mate,
Can't help you but would you mind posting a list of the available jobs. I'm curious, that's all?

Cheers