AIM-132 AIM-9X R-73M2 IRIS-T Python 5 - Best WVR missile

Status
Not open for further replies.

bia9x

WVR missiles or A2A best, according to the following criteria:

- It can be "fire and forget", and do not need to data-link, camera angles and FOV of eye guidance Python 5 is highest/ widest (45-60 degrees or 180 degrees?).

- Consistent with JHMS, and has all-aspect/all-direction (including rearward) attack ability

- Support mode LOAL and engagement envelop 360 degrees.

+ I think that can only be R-73m with a range of over 40 km and Python 5 with a large FOV of 180 degrees, maneuver is probably AIM-9X (because of its relatively small size - 50G).

+ All missile have all-aspect/all-direction (including rearward) attack ability, with electro-optical sensor system/ IRST or JHMS.

+ The ability to fire and forget, AIM-9X, IRIS-T and R-73M - unrivaled

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
2 days ago my learned colleague and fellow Mod told you the following with respect to another thread you opened up:

Thread Locked. Read the Forum Rules before opening another thread, in this instance paying particular attention to rule #3 "no vs. threads". Such threads tend to be long on nationalistic chest thumping and rather short on facts and reality. In this specific instance, Iranian F-14's are in service with the Air Force, not the Army, most reputable sources for information believe only a handful are still operational (and thus too few to serve as the 'backbone' of the Air Force) and that few (again, if any) operational AIM-54 Phoenix AAM's are still in service. When such a string of errors exist, even in a thread which does not violate the rules, it becomes difficult to have meaningful discussion.
-Preceptor

You don't appear to have heeded his advice so take this as your first warning.

The above applies to your post below

Further reports and attempts to post "x vs y" posts are unlikely to be good for your future posting career on here, so I'd suggest you actually read the advice, take note and do something about it

WVR missiles or A2A best, according to the following criteria:

- It can be "fire and forget", and do not need to data-link, camera angles and FOV of eye guidance Python 5 is highest/ widest (45-60 degrees or 180 degrees?).

- Consistent with JHMS, and has all-aspect/all-direction (including rearward) attack ability

- Support mode LOAL and engagement envelop 360 degrees.

+ I think that can only be R-73m with a range of over 40 km and Python 5 with a large FOV of 180 degrees, maneuver is probably AIM-9X (because of its relatively small size - 50G).

+ All missile have all-aspect/all-direction (including rearward) attack ability, with electro-optical sensor system/ IRST or JHMS.

+ The ability to fire and forget, AIM-9X, IRIS-T and R-73M - unrivaled

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.