Aeronautical Complex has plans for expansion

mysterious

Aeronautical Complex has plans for expansion

ISLAMABAD Air Marshal Tanveer Mehmood on Thursday said that the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex has plans for its facilities, including the expansion of production facilities for Karakuram 8 aircraft and the induction of additional facilities to manufacture 58 percent of the JF-17 Thunder aircraft.

Speaking to participants at a two-day programme called “Management Review of Pakistan Mushshak/Super Mushsak†held in the aircraft-manufacturing factory of the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex. The air marshal said that Super Mushshak has been extensively evaluated in the country and by foreign customers in extreme weather and terrain conditions.

He added that this aircraft is being successfully operated by the Pakistan Air Force, Pakistan Army, Oman, Iran and Syria and the delivery of twenty Super Mushshak aircraft to the Saudi Air Force will soon take place.

He said that self-reliance saves valuable foreign exchange, reduces dependency, provides employment opportunities and generates national self-esteem.

“Self-reliance is even more desirable in key technologies for defence production to ensure an uninterrupted supply of products and services,†he said.

The meeting was attended by Air Vice Marshal Iftikhar Ahmed Gul, Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Engineering), Air Vice Marshal Aurangzeb Khan, chairman of the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra, Air Vice Marshal Abdus Sami Toor, Air Officer Commanding, Pakistan Air Force Academy Risalpur, Air Commodore Zakir H Khan, Director Aircraft Manufacturing Factory, Air Vice Marshal Nayef, Commandant Syrian Air Force Academy and members of the Pakistan Army.

Representatives of different foreign countries’ aviation industry manufacturers were also present during the meeting. They discussed various aspects of the system and suggested measures to improve operation and maintenance. staff report

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_30-4-2004_pg7_34

Hmmm. Interesting, I would say. I wonder what other ideas does PAC have in mind. :smokingc:

mysterious

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not quite sure. But for the moment I'd say no as otherwise they wouldn't just be planning on making 58 percent of JF-17 but a whole lot more. :smokingc:

adsH

gf0012 said:
Does Pakistan have a composites capability?
I don't think so to produce Composite you need a whole lot different abilities pakistan has only stepped into AC production!!

joker

As far as Im aware I think they're trying to develop/acquire the technical know how for composite materials. Nescom is said to have had a R&D programme up and running for the past couple of yrs now. Furthermore, it has been mentioned that the later production models of the JF 17 will consist of a certain % of composites.