ADF pilot selection aptitude test's

stu_poo_

Hello everyone,
Im after some advice on pilot selection (SSO &GSO) aptitude testing. I have been out of school for four years and my mathematics is a bit rusty. What particular calculus aspects should i focus on and any other relevant info would be appreciated.
Thanks. :)

phreeky

Hello everyone,
Im after some advice on pilot selection (SSO &GSO) aptitude testing. I have been out of school for four years and my mathematics is a bit rusty. What particular calculus aspects should i focus on and any other relevant info would be appreciated.
Thanks. :)
When I did the testing it was very much "aircraft A flying from point 1 to point 2 @ xyz km/h, aircraft B flying from point 3 to point 4 at abc km/h, how long till they meet" and that sort of thing - actually relevant sort of stuff. That was many years ago now though, I highly doubt it was anything like it used to be. They also had it all computerised at one point too and then scrapped it because almost nobody passed it.

stu_poo_

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
When I did the testing it was very much "aircraft A flying from point 1 to point 2 @ xyz km/h, aircraft B flying from point 3 to point 4 at abc km/h, how long till they meet" and that sort of thing - actually relevant sort of stuff. That was many years ago now though, I highly doubt it was anything like it used to be. They also had it all computerised at one point too and then scrapped it because almost nobody passed it.
Thanks for the reply!
any idea where i might find some practise questions that are relevent to the tests??

phreeky

Not too sure sorry. Realistically it has probably changed quite a bit since then, that was almost 10 years ago now - and mates of mine that also did it a year before had totally different stuff to me, they seemed to change it quite quickly.

However when dealing with the recruitment staff they were extremely helpful with any queries I had - you certainly shouldn't be afraid to speak to them about it.

stu_poo_

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not too sure sorry. Realistically it has probably changed quite a bit since then, that was almost 10 years ago now - and mates of mine that also did it a year before had totally different stuff to me, they seemed to change it quite quickly.

However when dealing with the recruitment staff they were extremely helpful with any queries I had - you certainly shouldn't be afraid to speak to them about it.
Do you currently hold a position within the adf?? are you a qualified pilot?
sorry if i seem a bit invasive! just picking everyones brains to gather info
:)

phreeky

No, I wish. I didn't go much further due to medical reasons, so ended up taking a totally different career path (IT).

dinoalan911

Hi

You can see same topic at the side bar of this site. You can find out some thing same your questions.

I sent some good materials to Tommy, pls read mail and give feedback.

If you want to do more info, pls visit at: aptitude test questions

Rgs

Last edited: