Thales’s World Bushmaster has made its international debut at DVD 2009 – one of the United Kingdom’s largest defence industry events.
The World Bushmaster variant is designed as a response to export opportunities, as well as potential customers’ evolving requirements resulting from the Bushmaster’s success on operations.
The main difference between the World Bushmaster and the standard version supplied to the Australian Defence Force is the ability to easily configure and adapt between left and right hand drive.
At DVD, the left hand drive vehicle on display showcased the Bushmaster’s inherent flexibility for a wide range of different operational requirements.
It appeared at the event with fully integrated:
- Counter IED interrogation arm
- Surveillance mast with sensor head
- SOTASIP vehicle communications system
- Up armour package
- Kongsberg Protector Lite Remote Weapon Station
As a result of in-depth customer feedback and close working relationships with end users, numerous other smaller improvements to the vehicle have also been made. These encompass everything from a new dashboard control layout and extra rear door step to added external antenna points and a reversing alarm.
This ‘one platform, many missions’ versatility helps demonstrate the inherent flexibility of the Bushmaster’s design, and forms a platform for export vehicles that can then be tailored to different customers’ specific needs.
Ian Irving, Vice President of Thales Australia’s Land & Joint Systems business, said: “Thales is actively working to secure export orders in a highly competitive global market.”
“The World Bushmaster is a highly adaptable platform for a wide range of capabilities, from command and control to surveillance and IED detection, among many others.”
“The varying needs of armed forces around the world require a vehicle that can be used as circumstances dictate. The Bushmaster meets those needs.”
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Indonesian Army
- Philippines to Re-Focus on Territorial Defence in 2012
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Pakistan Air Force [PAF] News and Discussions
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Indonesian Aero News
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- ADF General discussion thread
- Singapore Army Pictures