The contract transitions legacy Sniper pod sustainment support from Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, to Warner Robins Air Force Base, Ga. Additional scope includes engineering support, initial line replaceable unit spares, support equipment and pod containers.
Specific tasks will be covered under a series of delivery orders to be awarded incrementally over the five-year period.
“Receiving this contract is critical to preserving Sniper pod sustainment for the U.S. Air Force without incurring a gap in support to the warfighter,” said Ashlie Payne, Sniper program manager in Lockheed Martin’s Missiles and Fire Control business.
“Through collaboration with Warner Robins, legacy Sniper ATP pods will continue to excel in providing aircrews with unmatched targeting capability.”
The Sniper pod provides precision targeting and non-traditional intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance information for multiple U.S. Air Force and international aircraft, with testing ongoing on additional platforms.
Enhanced tracking and continuous stabilization techniques enable maximum tactical standoff range, allowing pilots to track and defeat stationary and moving targets undetected.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Indonesian Aero News
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- ADF General discussion thread
- Singapore Army Pictures
- "Across the Beach"- AAVs for the Australian Army ?
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- US Navy News and updates
- Future of the Global Hawk
- Marine Nationale Discussions and Updates