The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) released its independent assessment of force posture options for the Pacific Command Area of Responsibility including comments from the Secretary of Defense. CSIS was chosen to conduct the assessment pursuant to Section 346 of the Fiscal Year 2012 National Defense Authorization Act (Public Law 112-81).
The study reviews current and emerging U.S. national security interests in the Asia Pacific region, assesses options for force posture and deployment plans in the region, and offers specific recommendations to the Department of Defense and the U.S. Congress going forward.
The CSIS study was jointly directed by David J. Berteau, senior vice president and director of the International Security Program, and Dr. Michael Green, senior adviser and Japan Chair.U.S. Force Posture Strategy in the Asia Pacific Region: An Independent Assessment (349 downloads)
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:comparison of naval forces in Asia Pacific region, us air force pacific strategy
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- F-35 - International Participation
- Battlefield communications in high radiation environments
- Opinions on military and strategy games
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Ukranian Crisis
- UFO or secret fighter jet?
- Unidentified beeping sound
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Singapore Navy
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Indonesian Aero News