The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) released its independent assessment of force posture options for the Pacific Command Area of Responsibility including comments from the Secretary of Defense. CSIS was chosen to conduct the assessment pursuant to Section 346 of the Fiscal Year 2012 National Defense Authorization Act (Public Law 112-81).
The study reviews current and emerging U.S. national security interests in the Asia Pacific region, assesses options for force posture and deployment plans in the region, and offers specific recommendations to the Department of Defense and the U.S. Congress going forward.
The CSIS study was jointly directed by David J. Berteau, senior vice president and director of the International Security Program, and Dr. Michael Green, senior adviser and Japan Chair.U.S. Force Posture Strategy in the Asia Pacific Region: An Independent Assessment (376 downloads)
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:US Force Posture Strategy in the Asia-Pacific Region: An Independent Assessment ”
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Fire-control protocol - the Buk-M1 air defense complex
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates