The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) released its independent assessment of force posture options for the Pacific Command Area of Responsibility including comments from the Secretary of Defense. CSIS was chosen to conduct the assessment pursuant to Section 346 of the Fiscal Year 2012 National Defense Authorization Act (Public Law 112-81).
The study reviews current and emerging U.S. national security interests in the Asia Pacific region, assesses options for force posture and deployment plans in the region, and offers specific recommendations to the Department of Defense and the U.S. Congress going forward.
The CSIS study was jointly directed by David J. Berteau, senior vice president and director of the International Security Program, and Dr. Michael Green, senior adviser and Japan Chair.U.S. Force Posture Strategy in the Asia Pacific Region: An Independent Assessment (381 downloads)
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:air force strategy in asia pacific, security assessment of the Pacific
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Where are the Russian weapons in Syria?
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Indonesian Army
- Poland plans to purchase heli platform
- Naval Exercises
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- RMAF Future; need opinions
- [ List of "Active" Military Aircraft ] All Nations