The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) released its independent assessment of force posture options for the Pacific Command Area of Responsibility including comments from the Secretary of Defense. CSIS was chosen to conduct the assessment pursuant to Section 346 of the Fiscal Year 2012 National Defense Authorization Act (Public Law 112-81).
The study reviews current and emerging U.S. national security interests in the Asia Pacific region, assesses options for force posture and deployment plans in the region, and offers specific recommendations to the Department of Defense and the U.S. Congress going forward.
The CSIS study was jointly directed by David J. Berteau, senior vice president and director of the International Security Program, and Dr. Michael Green, senior adviser and Japan Chair.U.S. Force Posture Strategy in the Asia Pacific Region: An Independent Assessment (384 downloads)
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:show images of indian navy force, US strategy in Pacific
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- F-35 - International Participation
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Flanker Export Thread
- North Korean Military.
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Iran Inaugurates Production Line of HAFEZ Radar System
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Indian Navy Discussions and Updates