The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) released its independent assessment of force posture options for the Pacific Command Area of Responsibility including comments from the Secretary of Defense. CSIS was chosen to conduct the assessment pursuant to Section 346 of the Fiscal Year 2012 National Defense Authorization Act (Public Law 112-81).
The study reviews current and emerging U.S. national security interests in the Asia Pacific region, assesses options for force posture and deployment plans in the region, and offers specific recommendations to the Department of Defense and the U.S. Congress going forward.
The CSIS study was jointly directed by David J. Berteau, senior vice president and director of the International Security Program, and Dr. Michael Green, senior adviser and Japan Chair.U.S. Force Posture Strategy in the Asia Pacific Region: An Independent Assessment (351 downloads)
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:comparison of naval forces in Asia Pacific region, us air force pacific strategy
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Land 400
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- US Navy News and updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- UFO or secret fighter jet?
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Armored Vehicle Recognition Guide
- Australian Defense Forces Recruiting Foreign Military Personnel
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Question from Military Fiction Author on bridge destruction