Budgetary pressures in North America and Europe are significantly affecting both new aircraft production numbers and delivery revenue on a global basis. Asia-Pacific and other regions provide some lift to the market, but it is small at this point.
Frost & Sullivan’s recent Aerospace and Defense research finds that the global market for military fixed-wing aircraft earned revenues of $77.29 billion in 2012 and estimates this to decrease to $65.67 billion in 2017.
North America, the mainstay of military fixed-wing procurement, will have minimal growth throughout the forecast period. Europe has already reduced procurement and will remain at replacement spending levels.
“North America is declining in all categories, except new aircraft purchases,” noted Aerospace & Defense Industry Manager Wayne Plucker. “Europe, on the other hand, will experience moderate growth in both MRO and modifications, but declines in new purchases.”
Asia-Pacific will experience growth in MRO and new aircraft procurement. Largely insulated from the economic malaise that has impacted North America and Europe, Asia-Pacific economies are growing. Increasing budgets are driving both new aircraft purchases and modification plans. The Rest-of-World segment will experience the best overall growth, again driven by strong purchase and modification plans.
“The competitive environment is expanding as more non-western competitors enter the market,” said Plucker. “The western suppliers still dominate the market, but are increasingly engaged in joint ventures and teams to gain a competitive advantage and minimize risk.”
Global Fixed-wing Military Aircraft is part of the Aerospace & Defense Growth Partnership Services program, which provides global Mega Trends, information on emerging markets and the latest technology innovations, market, economic, customer, competitive, and best practices research.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indian Navy contemplating CVN. Folly or Vision?
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) update
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Russia's Arctic Expansion
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- F-35 - International Participation
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Philippine Navy @ Janes Fighting Ships 2014-2015