The U.S. Army’s III Corps announced today, the rotational deployment of Fort Hood’s 3rd Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, to Camp Hovey and Camp Stanley, in South Korea, in October.
The 3rd Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, brings approximately 800 Soldiers to replace 1st Battalion, 12th Cavalry Regiment, which is the current rotational unit in Korea. Following the units’ Transfer of Authority, 1-12th Cavalry will return to the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, here.
The deployment of 3rd Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, to Korea supports the United States’ defense commitment to the Republic of Korea, as specified by the mutual defense treaty and presidential agreements. This action is part of U.S. enduring re-balancing efforts within the Asia-Pacific region, and allows for greater responsiveness to better meet theater operational requirements.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:1st Cavalry Division in South Korea, army units deployed
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) update
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Russia's Arctic Expansion
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Philippine Navy @ Janes Fighting Ships 2014-2015
- Indian Navy contemplating CVN. Folly or Vision?
- Ukranian Crisis