The U.S. Army’s III Corps announced today, the rotational deployment of Fort Hood’s 3rd Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, to Camp Hovey and Camp Stanley, in South Korea, in October.
The 3rd Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, brings approximately 800 Soldiers to replace 1st Battalion, 12th Cavalry Regiment, which is the current rotational unit in Korea. Following the units’ Transfer of Authority, 1-12th Cavalry will return to the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, here.
The deployment of 3rd Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, to Korea supports the United States’ defense commitment to the Republic of Korea, as specified by the mutual defense treaty and presidential agreements. This action is part of U.S. enduring re-balancing efforts within the Asia-Pacific region, and allows for greater responsiveness to better meet theater operational requirements.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:1st Cavalry Division in South Korea, army units deployed, army units in south korea
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- The Indonesian Army
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- Ukranian Crisis
- Author Research - Exercises
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates