The U.S. Army’s III Corps announced today, the rotational deployment of Fort Hood’s 3rd Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, to Camp Hovey and Camp Stanley, in South Korea, in October.
The 3rd Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, brings approximately 800 Soldiers to replace 1st Battalion, 12th Cavalry Regiment, which is the current rotational unit in Korea. Following the units’ Transfer of Authority, 1-12th Cavalry will return to the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, here.
The deployment of 3rd Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, to Korea supports the United States’ defense commitment to the Republic of Korea, as specified by the mutual defense treaty and presidential agreements. This action is part of U.S. enduring re-balancing efforts within the Asia-Pacific region, and allows for greater responsiveness to better meet theater operational requirements.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:army units deployed
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Scottish Independence
- What/Who downed MH17 ?
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Scottish Navy
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- Ukranian Crisis
- Active Modern Military Aircraft Question...Need Input
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- British Army News and Discussion
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Assad's strategic options