“Radio communication was cut around 2:15 pm (1115 GMT) with the F-16 fighter plane on mission in the Amanos mountains,” shortly after the pilot signalled he was about to eject from the aircraft, read the statement.
The governor of Osminaye province, Celalettin Cerrah, specified that the plane had gone down in the town of Yarpuz, some 40 kilometres (25 miles) from the Syrian border.
The reasons for the crash were not specified.
The accident came two days after a twin car bombing killed 48 people in the town of Reyhanli, along the Syrian border, which Turkish authorities blame on groups close to the Damascus regime.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- ADF General discussion thread
- Iraqi Air Force and Air Defense
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Brazilian Naval Strength
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Mexico's military defense
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russia tests new missiles
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates