On the opening day of the HELI-EXPO 2014 show in Los Angeles, Thales unveils its Avionics 2020 new-generation helicopter cockpit.
Avionics 2020 is the result of a number of partnerships, spearheaded by Thales with researchers, scientific institutions and world class experts, aimed at refining knowledge in the field of human machine interface.
These efforts, culminated in a new-generation cockpit founded on natural and direct hands-on interaction, designed to give the pilot all the elements needed to make the right critical decisions at the right time.
The Avionics 2020 concept introduces a modern architecture including multi-touchscreen capabilities, head-down controls, open and customizable systems and a mission-centric approach, putting the pilot at the center of a helicopter operation.
The very structure of the cockpit favors the integration of future capabilities and functions to optimize and secure a wide range of helicopter missions, also taking into account specific functionalities driven by civil mission types such as search and rescue or offshore missions.
“A cockpit designed around the principles of open architecture, man machine interface and customizability is no longer an intellectual exercise but a viable commercial application. Thales’s Avionics 2020 will be the new meter of comparison for helicopters in the 21st century,” said Denis Bonnet, Head of Innovation at Thales’s Cockpit Competence Centre
- The new-generation in helicopter avionics, Avionics 2020, is founded on the principles of natural and direct hands-on interaction
- It is an open, mission-centric concept, scalable to any type of helicopter, light to heavy, civil to military
- Avionics 2020 includes multi-touchscreen capabilities and the latest technologies in head-down controls
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:thales aerospace logo
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Rimpac 2014
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- RMAF Future; need opinions
- [ List of "Active" Military Aircraft ] All Nations
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Assad's strategic options
- UAV for Meteorological duty.