Taiwan’s military prosecutors were investigating the disappearance of two maps containing secret information on the island’s naval deployments, reports said Saturday.
The maps were found to be missing during an inventory check by naval officials when a fleet of aging missile boats was recently decommissioned, said the state Central News Agency.
The navy has asked military prosecutors to investigate the incident while instructing all relevant units to tighten management of confidential information, the report said.
The United Daily News cited unnamed sources as saying that the maps contained secret information, including the deployment of Taiwanese naval vessels in the event of a war that would “render the navy naked to its enemy.”
Separately, prosecutors were looking into the case of two laptop computers belonging to another type of missile boat that had gone missing since late May, reports said.
Navy officials were not immediately available for comment.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- ADF General discussion thread
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- NZDF General discussion thread
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- "Across the Beach"- AAVs for the Australian Army ?
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- US Navy News and updates
- Future of the Global Hawk
- Marine Nationale Discussions and Updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion