Sweden exported 30 percent less weapons in 2012 compared with the record high amount of 2011, show new figures from the National Agency for Non-Proliferation and Export Controls.
The total value of the 2012 exports was just under SEK ten billion; half of this went to long-term partners, such as Canada, the US, South Africa and EU countries.
The drop in the value of exports is largely due to several major deliveries having now been completed.
The peace organization Svenska Freds says that Sweden is still exporting arms to dictatorships, like the Gulf monarchy of Bahrain, and that some weapons sold to India are being sent on to the Burmese dictatorship.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Possible Singaporean Aircraft Carrier
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- French Armée de l'Air News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Indonesian Aero News
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)