Sweden exported 30 percent less weapons in 2012 compared with the record high amount of 2011, show new figures from the National Agency for Non-Proliferation and Export Controls.
The total value of the 2012 exports was just under SEK ten billion; half of this went to long-term partners, such as Canada, the US, South Africa and EU countries.
The drop in the value of exports is largely due to several major deliveries having now been completed.
The peace organization Svenska Freds says that Sweden is still exporting arms to dictatorships, like the Gulf monarchy of Bahrain, and that some weapons sold to India are being sent on to the Burmese dictatorship.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Stealth Aircraft Operation
- British Army News and Discussion
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Chinese 'air defence identification zone' in East China Sea
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Your kettle may be spying on you.
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Kapooka Pics
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Stealthiest yet : RQ-180 Revealed
- space based LBI systems