The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress today of a possible Foreign Military Sale to the Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for follow-on support and services for the Royal Saudi Air Force at an estimated cost of $850 million
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has requested a possible sale of follow-on support and services for the Royal Saudi Air Force aircraft, engines and weapons; publications and technical documentation; airlift and aerial refueling; support equipment; spare and repair parts; repair and return; personnel training and training equipment; U.S. Government and contractor technical and logistics support services; and other related elements of logistical and program support.
The estimated cost is $850 million.
This proposed sale will contribute to the foreign policy and national security of the United States by helping to improve the security of a friendly country that has been, and continues to be, an important force for political stability and economic progress in the Middle East.
Saudi Arabia needs this follow on support to continue to procure maintenance and logistical support in order to sustain the combat and operational readiness of its existing aircraft fleet.
The proposed sale of this support and services will not alter the basic military balance in the region.
There is no prime contractor involved in this proposed sale. There are no known offset agreements proposed in connection with this potential sale.
Implementation of this sale will not require the assignment of any additional U.S. Government personnel or contractor representatives to Saudi Arabia.
There will be no adverse impact on U.S. defense readiness as a result of this sale.
This notice of a potential sale is required by law and does not mean the sale has been concluded.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- New Iranian Weapon announced
- Tactical Nuclear weapons - still relevant?
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- NZDF General discussion thread
- The Indonesian Army
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- DT Hall of Shame - Ban List
- Philippines to Re-Focus on Territorial Defence in 2012
- Regional implications of PKK's truce with Turkey
- Russia might make ICBM submersible
- Surface vessel decoys and countermeasures
- U.S. Army use of ETD/EDS & CIED doctrine
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 / Super-7 Discussions