The defence and security company Saab has received an order from the Royal Thai Navy for the upgrading of the command and control system on the aircraft carrier H.T.M.S. ChakriNaruebet. The order amounts to MSEK 180.
The contract involve upgrading the aircraft carrier with the latest generation of command and control system, 9LV Mk4. Saab will also supply data-link equipment to the ship, which will allow communication between the ship and the Royal Thai Air Force’s Gripen fighter aircraft and the airborne radar system Erieye, carried by the Saab 340 AEW.
“Saab will further strengthen its position as supplier to the Royal Thai Navy through the upgrade of the command and control system on the Navy’s flagship. Saab is now on the Navy’s three major vessels and with links to the Royal Thai Air Force’s Gripen and Erieye, capabilities and resources can used more efficiently,” says GunillaFransson, Head of Saab’s Business Area Security and Defence Solutions.
Saab is the main contractor to the Royal Thai Navy, and as well as supply of its own systems, its tasks will include procurement of third-party systems and responsibility for integration of all existing and new systems.
“This is the second 9LV Mk4 contract signed between the Royal Thai Navy and Saab. It further strengthens Saab’s position in the country, which we are proud of,” says GunillaFransson.
The contract mainly concerns the Security and Defence Solutions business area as the supplier of the command and control system. The Electronic Defence Systems business area will supply the Sea Giraffe AMB surveillance radar system as well as data-link equipment for communication with Gripen and the Erieye airborne early warning systems.
The contract will run between 2012 and 2015.
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions ranging from military defence to civil security. Saab has operations and employees on all continents and constantly develops, adopts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- DT Hall of Shame - Ban List
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Philippines to Re-Focus on Territorial Defence in 2012
- Regional implications of PKK's truce with Turkey
- Russia might make ICBM submersible
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Surface vessel decoys and countermeasures
- U.S. Army use of ETD/EDS & CIED doctrine
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 / Super-7 Discussions
- Aircraft Surveillance Operator RAAF
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Tactical Nuclear weapons - still relevant?
- The Indonesian Army