The order refers to the period 2014-2015 and amounts to the value of MSEK 43. The order is part of the Letter of Intent regarding the Swedish armed forces’ underwater capability which was announced on June 9, 2014.
Saab has received an order from FMV regarding design plans for a New Lightweight Torpedo. This is the first step in developing a new lightweight torpedo. Final delivery of this order will be during 2015.
“We are very pleased and proud to have the continued confidence to deliver torpedo weapon systems to FMV and the Swedish Navy in the commencement of the work to deliver the replacement for Torpedo 45”, says Görgen Johansson, Senior Vice President and Head of business area Saab Dynamics.
“Saab Dynamics has over the years established a unique experience and expertise in developing underwater systems for shallow waters and the types of environment that exist in the Baltic Sea. Many of our systems are world leading in its segment, and with this order, we are able to maintain our global leadership position and continue to provide the market with competitive products”, says Agneta Kammeby, Vice President and Head of business unit Underwater Systems.
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions ranging from military defence to civil security. Saab has operations and employees on all continents and constantly develops, adopts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- F-35 - International Participation
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Flanker Export Thread
- North Korean Military.
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Iran Inaugurates Production Line of HAFEZ Radar System
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Indian Navy Discussions and Updates