“By the end of the year, the Air Force is to procure planes, helicopters, modern radar stations… It is also being reequipped with high-end S-400 surface-to-air missiles and Pantsir-S short-range air defense systems,” said Colonel Igor Klimov.
According to Col. Klimov, the Russian Air Force will upgrade its fleet with brand-new Sukhoi Su-34 bombers, multipurpose Su-30SM and Su-35S fighter jets, Yakovlev Yak-130 advanced trainers/light fighters, transport Ilyushin Il-76MD-90 planes, passenger Antonov An-148-100 and Tupolev Tu-214 aircraft, as well as with Kamov Ka-52 and Mil Mi-28N attack helicopters, Mi-8AMTSh Terminator assault-transport helicopters, Mi-35 combat helicopters and Ka-226 utility choppers.
The Air Force spokesman didn’t comment on the exact numbers of military hardware that will enter service by the turn of the year. He said military units across the country will be outfitted with cutting-edge radar stations like Nebo-M, Nebo-UM, Sopka-2, in addition to advanced all-altitude detectors and two types of low-altitude stations, Podlyot and Kasta 2-2.
In September, Russia is to stage a massive strategic exercise codenamed Vostok-2014. Col. Klimov told the media Monday the Air Force command would put emphasis on coordinated strategic and tactical cooperation of units involved in military missions.
Related Topic Tags
- aircraft, anti-missile, arms, Fighter Aircraft, procurement, russia, russian air force, Su-30, Su-34
Keywords:russian aircraft procurement plan, russian military procurement, Russia\s weapon procurement for 2015
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Indonesian Aero News
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- French Armée de l'Air News & Discussion
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Arms Race in Space
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Possible Singaporean Aircraft Carrier
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates