“On October 4, the first batch of Yak-130 combat trainers fly from the Irkut plant to the Borisoglebsk airfield [Voronezh region] after an extensive flight testing program,” Col. Andrei Bobrun said.
The Irkut aircraft maker and the Russian Defense Ministry signed in December 2011 a contract for the delivery of 55 Yak-130 jets by 2015.
The Yak-130 is a highly maneuverable subsonic jet with an extended range of about 1,250 miles (2,000 kilometers) and a maximum speed of 600 mp/h (1,060 km/h) in level flight. It can carry a combat payload of up to 6,600 pounds (3,000 kg), consisting of a variety of Russian and Western-developed weapons.
It can also carry out a variety of light-attack and reconnaissance missions.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:RUSSAIN MILITARY training AIRCRAFT yak 130
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Some newer stuff from me...so far
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- US Navy News and updates
- Singapore Navy
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- NZDF General discussion thread
- New Zealand Army Organisation