The Russian military is to test its new mobile communications system, which is superior to its foreign alternatives, during the Vostok-2014 strategic exercise in Russia’s Eastern Military District, the Defense Ministry announced Thursday.
“In the course of the Vostok-2014 strategic exercise, which will be conducted in September of this year in the Eastern Military District, communications specialists will test the newest communications control system through a Tiger light-armored vehicle. The new system is able to provide all types of communications, including radio, satellite, wire and relay. It’s really a mini communications hub, superior to alternatives used in foreign armies,” stated the ministry.
In 2014, the Eastern Military District will receive 140 items of new-generation communications equipment, including medium-range radios, command and staff vehicles, and tropospheric and satellite communications stations. This year, the district has already received medium-range digital radios and ten comprehensive communications units.
By the end of the year, the Russian Armed Forces is to engage in more than 300 tactical exercises, with Vostok-2014 being the largest. The Defense Ministry stated the exercise would emphasize the coordinated strategy and tactical cooperation of units involved in military missions. All branches of Russia’s Armed Forces will take part and there will be no detailed scenario developed in advance.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:vostok 2014, VOSTOK-2014, vostok 2014 exercise, new communication systems of 2014, russia\s new communications gear
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Scottish Independence
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Potential of Gripen M, the naval variant...
- Indonesian Aero News
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Comparing aerial warfare with and without drones
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Active Modern Military Aircraft Question...Need Input
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs