Four Russian warships, as well as support vessels, warplanes, helicopters and naval infantry, will team up with Chinese naval forces in a joint exercise in April, a source in Russia’s Pacific Fleet said on Tuesday.
In all, more than 20 Russian and Chinese warships and support vessels will participate.
Since 2005, China and Russia have conducted several joint military exercises within the framework of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
The group also includes the Central Asian countries of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan and aims to promote regional cooperation and check U.S. influence.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Chinese 'air defence identification zone' in East China Sea
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indian Military Aviation; News, Updates & Discussions
- North Korean Military.
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Principles of Strategy and Tactics
- F-18 Advanced Hornet
- Stealthiest yet : RQ-180 Revealed
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Your kettle may be spying on you.
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Kapooka Pics
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Potential of international arbitration to change Timor Sea Treaty