Four Russian warships, as well as support vessels, warplanes, helicopters and naval infantry, will team up with Chinese naval forces in a joint exercise in April, a source in Russia’s Pacific Fleet said on Tuesday.
In all, more than 20 Russian and Chinese warships and support vessels will participate.
Since 2005, China and Russia have conducted several joint military exercises within the framework of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
The group also includes the Central Asian countries of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan and aims to promote regional cooperation and check U.S. influence.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Arsenal Ship Revisited. Again.
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Author Research - Exercises
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Ukranian Crisis
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards