Four Russian warships, as well as support vessels, warplanes, helicopters and naval infantry, will team up with Chinese naval forces in a joint exercise in April, a source in Russia’s Pacific Fleet said on Tuesday.
In all, more than 20 Russian and Chinese warships and support vessels will participate.
Since 2005, China and Russia have conducted several joint military exercises within the framework of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
The group also includes the Central Asian countries of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan and aims to promote regional cooperation and check U.S. influence.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Brazilian Naval Strength
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Mexico's military defense
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russia tests new missiles
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- US Navy News and updates
- The Indonesian Army
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates