Four Russian warships, as well as support vessels, warplanes, helicopters and naval infantry, will team up with Chinese naval forces in a joint exercise in April, a source in Russia’s Pacific Fleet said on Tuesday.
In all, more than 20 Russian and Chinese warships and support vessels will participate.
Since 2005, China and Russia have conducted several joint military exercises within the framework of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
The group also includes the Central Asian countries of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan and aims to promote regional cooperation and check U.S. influence.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Indonesian Army
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Made in Singapore Equipment
- Fire-control protocol - the Buk-M1 air defense complex
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Help identifying an NASA plane from 1966
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates