Four Russian warships, as well as support vessels, warplanes, helicopters and naval infantry, will team up with Chinese naval forces in a joint exercise in April, a source in Russia’s Pacific Fleet said on Tuesday.
In all, more than 20 Russian and Chinese warships and support vessels will participate.
Since 2005, China and Russia have conducted several joint military exercises within the framework of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
The group also includes the Central Asian countries of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan and aims to promote regional cooperation and check U.S. influence.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Scottish Independence
- Ukranian Crisis
- Potential of Gripen M, the naval variant...
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Comparing aerial warfare with and without drones
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- Active Modern Military Aircraft Question...Need Input
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'