Four Russian warships, as well as support vessels, warplanes, helicopters and naval infantry, will team up with Chinese naval forces in a joint exercise in April, a source in Russia’s Pacific Fleet said on Tuesday.
In all, more than 20 Russian and Chinese warships and support vessels will participate.
Since 2005, China and Russia have conducted several joint military exercises within the framework of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
The group also includes the Central Asian countries of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan and aims to promote regional cooperation and check U.S. influence.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- F-35 - International Participation
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Philippine Navy @ Janes Fighting Ships 2014-2015
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indian Navy contemplating CVN. Folly or Vision?
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russia's Arctic Expansion
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- ASEAN (and ADMM Plus) Military Exercises