The development of such a system will require the launch of a space complex ordered by the Russian Defense Ministry and the Russian Federal Space Agency. The budget of the project is estimated at 65.6 billion rubles ($1.8 billion).
The system throughput is expected to reach 80 gigabits (Gb) by 2020, and 120 Gb by 2025. That will allow the simultaneous coverage of about a million high-speed terminals.
The new secure communication system is to be used by the country’s leaders and the military, according to the newspaper. The system will be based on the Gonets-M1 and Gonets-M2 communication systems.
The space complex will consist of four satellites weighing up to 2.5 tons and equipped with transponders and air traffic control systems.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:satelite based communication in russia
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Possible Singaporean Aircraft Carrier
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- French Armée de l'Air News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Indonesian Aero News
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)