In November, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said that Russia had agreed to lend his country over $4 billion to buy weapons.
“There is a contract with Venezuela but it’s not yet being implemented,” Rosoboronexport special programs director Nikolai Dimidyuk told reporters.
“Venezuela has rescheduled the dates several times, but now we have agreed on a timeframe for the deliveries,” he added.
Venezuela is one of the biggest buyers of Russian arms.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russia's Arctic Expansion
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Indian Navy contemplating CVN. Folly or Vision?
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Philippine Navy @ Janes Fighting Ships 2014-2015
- F-35 - International Participation
- ASEAN (and ADMM Plus) Military Exercises
- Assad's strategic options
- Indonesian Aero News