“A period of profound thaw has set in in Russia-NATO ties. I am sure that we are close to a breakthrough,” said Vladimir Voronkov, head of the ministry’s European cooperation department.
Russia and NATO are certain to achieve close cooperation as there are no insurmountable ideological disagreements between them, he told a student forum.
This “progress” is largely due to the situation within the North Atlantic military alliance, he said.
“NATO has reached the limit of expansion,” Voronkov said, adding that there were no more Central or East European countries lining up to join the alliance.
“This points to a basically new level of relations,” he said. “It is very important for Russia that NATO regards us not as an adversary but as a strategic partner.”
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:New russian navy
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- F-35 - International Participation
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Flanker Export Thread
- North Korean Military.
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Iran Inaugurates Production Line of HAFEZ Radar System
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates