“A period of profound thaw has set in in Russia-NATO ties. I am sure that we are close to a breakthrough,” said Vladimir Voronkov, head of the ministry’s European cooperation department.
Russia and NATO are certain to achieve close cooperation as there are no insurmountable ideological disagreements between them, he told a student forum.
This “progress” is largely due to the situation within the North Atlantic military alliance, he said.
“NATO has reached the limit of expansion,” Voronkov said, adding that there were no more Central or East European countries lining up to join the alliance.
“This points to a basically new level of relations,” he said. “It is very important for Russia that NATO regards us not as an adversary but as a strategic partner.”
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- China invasion of Johnson Reef of Vietnam on March 14th 1988
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force Discussions
- F-35 - International Participation
- Т-35A Up and Running
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Body Armour
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates